Get an overview of this hotelCasual family hotel overlooking the Riverwalk
Walk to the Alamo
This 9-story family-friendly hotel, 6 blocks from the Alamo, overlooks the start of the Museum Reach section of the Riverwalk; the convention center is 9 blocks away.
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel features Mangos Restaurant, serving American cuisine and seasonal specialties with a Tropical flair, and overlooks the Riverwalk.
Southwestern-style guestrooms offer complimentary wireless Internet access, premium cable channels, and bathrooms with pedestal sinks.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel110 Lexington Ave San Antonio TX 78205
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel opened in 1962 and is inspired by the Acapulco beach resorts of the time. Located in the heart of the Riverwalk, guests are a short walk away from the restaurants and clubs of the Riverwalk's original section and South Bank, as well as from the dining and shopping in the newer Museum Reach section. Other attractions, such as the Alamo, Market Square, HemisFair Park, and Tower of the Americas are also nearby, accessible by foot or by San Antonio’s river taxis, which provide on-and-off access for El Tropicano guests.
The hotel offers an outdoor pool surrounded by a spacious courtyard, fitness center, restaurant, and lounge. Guests at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel can enjoy the complimentary wireless Internet access available throughout the hotel.
Business guests at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel will appreciate the 24-hour business center and 36,995 sq feet (3,437 sq meters) of meeting room space for up to 1,000 people.
This hotel welcomes small dogs.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 37000
- Conference space size (meters) - 3437
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 13
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 9
- Number of meeting rooms - 19
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Rooftop terrace
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Television in common areas
- Total number of rooms - 306
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Outdoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV service
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
Where to Eat
Mangos - Open for buffet breakfast daily. Menu features scrambled eggs, applewood smoked bacon, sausages, and pancakes.
Expreso - Espresso bar located just off the lobby area with Riverwalk views. Guests can sip a latte or a smoothie, or enjoy lunch or dinner on the terrace. Menu includes sandwiches, salads, and grilled items.
Room service is available during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel offers a fitness center with cardio equipment and a weight machine, as well as an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is Noon
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 75.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Pet deposit: USD 75.00 per stay
- Breakfast fee: USD 9.95 for adults and USD 3.95 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 16.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 21.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- El Tropicano
- El Tropicano Hotel
- El Tropicano Hotel Riverwalk
- El Tropicano Riverwalk
- El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel
- Hotel El Tropicano
- Hotel Tropicano
- Tropicano Hotel
- Tropicano Hotel Riverwalk
- Tropicano Riverwalk
- El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- El Tropicano Riverwalk San Antonio