Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury suites on the San Antonio Riverwalk
Popular property highlights
Alamo and arts
This 14-story, Mediterranean-inspired hotel is on the Riverwalk, two blocks from the convention center, La Villita Historic Arts Village, and the Rivercenter Mall, and five blocks from the Alamo.
Rooftop spa, pool
Guests admire panoramic views of the city from the hotel's rooftop spa facility, home to the 1,700-square-foot Woodhouse Day Spa, the adjacent well-equipped fitness center, and the heated outdoor pool.
River or city views
Spacious, richly appointed suites at Hotel Contessa have separate parlors with sofa beds. Other features include floor-to-ceiling windows facing the city or river, flat-screen TVs, and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Contessa - Luxury Suites on the Riverwalk
This riverfront hotel is 1 block from the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, 2 blocks from La Villita Historic Arts Village, and 5 blocks from the Alamo.
This contemporary all-suite hotel captures both historic and cultural essence of San Antonio with its warmth, created by its elegant, Mediterranean design. Guests enter an upper lobby presided over by a large portrait of a regal Contessa. From there, the 4-story atrium offers unobstructed views of the expansive Mediterranean-style lower lobby and lounge area and, beyond that, the Riverwalk.
The 14-story Hotel Contessa - Riverwalk Luxury Suites offers a rooftop terrace and spa facility that provides panoramic views of the city, plus an adjacent 24-hour fitness center and a heated outdoor pool. Las Ramblas, the hotel's restaurant, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining is available indoors or out on the sun-splashed patio facing the quiet side of the Riverwalk. Guests enjoy a buffet breakfast daily (surcharge).
The hotel includes luggage storage, 12 meeting rooms, technology support staff, and a 24-hour business center that is staffed on weekdays. The 2 computers with a printer and wireless Internet access are available 24 hours a day. Staff can provide tour assistance. The hotel offers 24-hour valet parking (surcharge). Self parking is available approximately 100 feet across the street, and at many nearby lots and garages (surcharge). Small pets are welcome (surcharge).
Accessible features of the property include wheelchair accessible entryways with double front doors that open easily. The reception desk, concierge station, and business center all feature counter space designed to accommodate guests in wheelchairs. The spa, gym, and all meeting rooms are wheelchair accessible, and an elevator offers access to guestrooms, the restaurant, and the river walk.
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 12
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 2005
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 929
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 10000
- Conference center
- Spa tub
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 265
- Number of floors - 14
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 7.58 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 7.58 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillowtop mattress
- Sofa bed
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Partially open bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Separate bedroom
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cable TV service
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Las Ramblas - Local cuisine served at the our Riverwalk location. Colorful glass flowers created by local artist line the walls. Riverwalk patio with tables, most shaded by polka-dotted umbrellas. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Cork Bar - Located on the Riverwalk level, with a variety of beer and wine. Open for lunch and dinner.
Poolside bar - Open Friday and Saturday afternoons during summer.
Room service is available during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The rooftop outdoor pool is surrounded by a sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. A 24-hour fitness room on the 12th floor contains flat-screen TVs, free weights, a stationary and a recumbent bicycle, two treadmills, and two elliptical cross trainers. In-room massage is available by appointment (surcharge).
Golf courses are within five miles.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
Situated on the hotel's rooftop, the 1,700-square-foot Woodhouse Day Spa includes 4 treatment rooms and a boutique. Guests enjoy various types of massage, body wraps, aromatherapy and facial and body treatments. Spa guests can enjoy full-day access to both the fitness facility and the heated pool on the day of their treatment. Guests can order from a spa menu either poolside or at the acclaimed Las Ramblas restaurant.
- Number of treatment rooms 4
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50.00 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Up to 40 lb
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 75.00 per night
- Resort fee: USD 7.58 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 7.58 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 7.58 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 38.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Early check-in fee: USD 40.00
- Late check-out fee: USD 60.00
- Contessa Luxury Suites
- Contessa Riverwalk Luxury Suites
- Hotel Contessa Luxury Riverwalk Suites
- Hotel Contessa Luxury Suites
- Hotel Contessa Riverwalk Luxury Suites
- Hotel Contessa Luxury Suites Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Contessa Luxury Suites Riverwalk
- Contessa Luxury Suites Riverwalk San Antonio
- Contessa Luxury Suites Riverwalk
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.