Visiting San Clemente
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in San Clemente, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Main Beach Park, Mission San Juan Capistrano, and Irvine Spectrum Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 90 hotels and other accommodations in San Clemente
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 29.5 mi (47.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Clemente
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including T-Street Beach, San Clemente State Beach, and Trestles Beach. Top activities include surfing and camping, while Shorecliffs Golf Club, Talega Golf Club, and San Clemente Municipal Golf Course are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Avenida del Mar and Casa Romantica.
In San Clemente, you'll be able to select from 90 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- San Clemente Cove - This 3-star condo resort features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia travelers love its dining options and spacious, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express San Clemente N – Beach Area - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Clemente Beach - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Main Beach Park, 11.8 mi/19 km from the heart of the city, and Mission San Juan Capistrano, which is 5 mi (8 km) away.
Getting Around San Clemente
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at San Clemente Pier Station. San Clemente may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for San Clemente
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- About 13.03 inches of rain falls on San Clemente each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 44°F