Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelSan Diego Bay resort with water-taxi to downtown
Popular property highlights
On San Diego Bay
On San Diego Bay, 4 blocks from Ferry Landing shops, the luxurious Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa provides scheduled water-taxi service to a partner hotel located within 6 blocks of the San Diego Convention Center and Gaslamp Quarter.
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa guests enjoy a newly renovated health spa with fitness center, sauna, and complimentary Pilates and yoga classes. Balconies or patios
All 300 newly renovated guestrooms include furnished balconies or patios with bay or resort views, high-speed Internet access, and spacious bathrooms with separate showers and soaking tubs. Enjoy the newly renovated resort and spa with luxurious amenities.
Balconies or patios
All 300 guestrooms include furnished balconies or patios with bay or resort views, high-speed Internet access, and spacious bathrooms with separate showers and soaking tubs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
- Swimming pool
- One of the swimming pools
- Dining venue
Located on 16 waterfront acres on San Diego Bay, the Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa provides scheduled water-taxi service to a partner hotel across the bay, within 6 blocks of the San Diego Convention Center, PETCO Park, and the Gaslamp Quarter.
On-site recreation options include a health spa (surcharge), fitness center with sauna and exercise classes, and fire pits.
With outdoor seating and bay views, Current serves California coastal cuisine; Tides doubles as a coffee bar by day and a cocktail lounge by night. Order from room service 24 hours a day.
The resort has 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including a ballroom for 800 guests. A business center provides high-speed Internet access, printing, faxing, and copying (surcharges). WiFi is available in the lobby and other public areas (surcharge). There are designated smoking areas (fines apply for violations).
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Conference space
- Business center
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Electric car charging station
- Meeting rooms 21
- Year Built 1988
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Health club
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 4164
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 44821
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Designated smoking areas
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 300
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 3
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Balcony or patio
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Sofa bed
- Smart TV
- Number of bathrooms -
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Where to Eat
Current - Healthy California coastal cuisine in a relaxed, contemporary environment, with bay views and outdoor terrace dining. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
Tides - Coffee bar by day, cocktail lounge at night. Sleek, modern setting. Lunch and dinner daily; lounge open until late night.
Room services available 24 hours daily.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests choose from three outdoor pools: the main freeform pool, a lap pool adjacent to the health spa, and a splash pool at the villa building.
In addition to offering massage and other treatments (surcharge), the health spa includes a complimentary fitness center with free weights, treadmills with individual LCD TVs, and a sauna. Complimentary scheduled Pilates, yoga, and aerobics classes are available. Guests must be at least 18 years old to use the spa and fitness facilities.
Additional options include basketball, seasonal water-sports equipment rentals, and year-round bicycle rentals.
A block away, Tidelands Park has a small beach and a playground. Coronado Beach, one mile away, offers a wide, sandy beach and numerous water sports. Also a mile away, the Coronado Golf Course has an 18-hole, par 72 course, pro shop, and driving range. Squash is within one mile.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Detoxification wrap
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 30.00 per accommodation, per night
- Beach loungers
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Internet access
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 21 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 31.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 35.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per day
- Coronado Island Marriott
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort
- Coronado Marriott Resort
- Island Marriott Resort
- Marriott Resort Coronado
- Marriott Resort Coronado Island
- Coronado Marriott
- Marriott Coronado Island Hotel Coronado
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort Hotel
- Island Marriott Resort Hotel
- Marriott Coronado Island Hotel
- Marriott Coronado Island Resort Spa
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort Spa
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.