Get an overview of this hotelSan Diego Bay resort with water-taxi to downtown
Popular property highlights
On San Diego Bay
On San Diego Bay, 4 blocks from Ferry Landing shops, the luxurious Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa provides scheduled water-taxi service to a partner hotel located within 6 blocks of the San Diego Convention Center and Gaslamp Quarter.
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa guests enjoy a newly renovated health spa with fitness center, sauna, and complimentary Pilates and yoga classes. Balconies or patios
All 300 newly renovated guestrooms include furnished balconies or patios with bay or resort views, high-speed Internet access, and spacious bathrooms with separate showers and soaking tubs. Enjoy the newly renovated resort and spa with luxurious amenities.
Balconies or patios
All 300 guestrooms include furnished balconies or patios with bay or resort views, high-speed Internet access, and spacious bathrooms with separate showers and soaking tubs.
- Good location
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Guestroom size
- Overall room comfort
- Guestrooms were a little noisy
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Located on 16 waterfront acres on San Diego Bay, the Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa provides scheduled water-taxi service to a partner hotel across the bay, within 6 blocks of the San Diego Convention Center, PETCO Park, and the Gaslamp Quarter.
On-site recreation options include a health spa (surcharge), fitness center with sauna and exercise classes, and fire pits.
With outdoor seating and bay views, Current serves California coastal cuisine; Tides doubles as a coffee bar by day and a cocktail lounge by night. Order from room service 24 hours a day.
The resort has 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including 15 conference rooms and a ballroom for 800 guests. A business center provides high-speed Internet access, printing, faxing, and copying (surcharges). WiFi is available in the lobby and other public areas (surcharge). There are designated smoking areas (fines apply for violations).
- Designated smoking areas
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 3
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Free WiFi
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Total number of rooms - 300
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1988
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 15
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Balcony or patio
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Sofa bed
- Flat-panel TV
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Where to Eat
Current - Healthy California coastal cuisine in a relaxed, contemporary environment, with bay views and outdoor terrace dining. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
Tides - Coffee bar by day, cocktail lounge at night. Sleek, modern setting. Lunch and dinner daily; lounge open until late night.
Room services available 24 hours daily.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests choose from three outdoor pools: the main freeform pool, a lap pool adjacent to the health spa, and a splash pool at the villa building.
In addition to offering massage and other treatments (surcharge), the health spa includes a complimentary fitness center with free weights, treadmills with individual LCD TVs, and a sauna. Complimentary scheduled Pilates, yoga, and aerobics classes are available. Guests must be at least 18 years old to use the spa and fitness facilities.
Additional options include basketball, seasonal water-sports equipment rentals, and year-round bicycle rentals.
A block away, Tidelands Park has a small beach and a playground. Coronado Beach, one mile away, offers a wide, sandy beach and numerous water sports. Also a mile away, the Coronado Golf Course has an 18-hole, par 72 course, pro shop, and driving range. Squash is within one mile.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
- Beach loungers
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 22 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 31.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 35.00 per day
- Coronado Island Marriott
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort
- Coronado Marriott Resort
- Island Marriott Resort
- Marriott Resort Coronado
- Marriott Resort Coronado Island
- Coronado Marriott
- Marriott Coronado Island Hotel Coronado
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort Hotel
- Island Marriott Resort Hotel
- Marriott Coronado Island Hotel
- Marriott Coronado Island Resort Spa
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort Spa
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.