Get an overview of this hotelPostmodern accommodations in downtown San Diego
Popular property highlights
Near San Diego Bay
Located in the heart of downtown, the 19-floor Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection is 3 blocks from Little Italy, 4 blocks from San Diego Bay, and 8 blocks from the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
Hip rooftop bar
High-style amenities include a rooftop bar, fire pit, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Perch above the city
The Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection guestrooms feature scenic bay window seating with thick cushions, blackboards with chalk and erasers, and color schemes that incorporate sea, sky, and sand.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection
The 19-story Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection is situated 3 blocks from Little Italy, and 5 blocks from Horton Plaza and the Embarcadero. The hotel is also near the airport, cruise ship and ferry terminal, metro station, and a shopping district.
The Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection completed an extensive renovation of its public areas in May 2012 and now offers a trendy rooftop bar, lobby lounge bar, restaurant, and a 24-hour indoor fitness room. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available on the hotel's first 3 floors, which include most public areas. A 24-hour business center provides 2 computers with high-speed Internet.
The pet-friendly Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection offers a dog bowl and bed. It also features a dog menu, which includes treats, dog-sitting, and walking services.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Rooftop terrace
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Year Built 2003
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 12
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 258
- Number of floors - 19
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms:
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Premium TV channels
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Air conditioning
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Pillowtop mattress
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Smart TV
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Where to Eat
Patio Marketplace - This street-side patio café offers healthy, convenient fare for breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner daily.
Trade Lobby Bar - Serving on-the-go bites from lunch through happy hour to late night snacks.
Rooftop Bar - A visionary fusion of extraordinary cocktails and glittering views. Full service and bottle service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel features a 24-hour indoor fitness room. Pilates and yoga classes are available nearby. Also nearby is a playground, bowling alley, scooter and moped rentals, and Segway rentals and tours.
Numerous water sports and other recreational opportunities are available in the San Diego area. Among the options are surfing, sailing, horse riding, cycling, and hang-gliding.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Enjoy a seaside escape to San Diego. While you're here, discover relaxing spa services available at the Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection. While we don't have a full-day spa, we do offer spectacular spa services in the privacy and comfort of your guest room or suite. Advance reservations required.
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation (varies based on length of stay)
- 2 per room (up to 50 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8.00 and USD 40.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95-14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 45.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation (varies based on length of stay)
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per night
- San Diego W
- W Hotel San Diego
- Hotel Republic San Diego Autograph Collection
- Renaissance San Diego
- w San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Hotel Republic Autograph Collection
- w San Diego Hotel
- Republic San Diego Autograph Collection
- Republic Autograph Collection
- Autograph Hotel Republic San Diego
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).