Get an overview of this hotelStylish hotel 1 block from San Diego's Petco Park
Popular property highlights
This 10-story hotel is 1 block from the Gaslamp Quarter, 4 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center and Horton Plaza, and a half-mile from Seaport Village shops and restaurants.
Rooftop pool, lounge
Kimpton Solamar Hotel's 4th-floor patio houses an outdoor splash pool, poolside bar, and cabana seating at night; the hotel's restaurant serves Coastal California cuisine.
Kimpton Solamar Hotel guestrooms include 55-inch LCD TVs with premium channels, bathrobes, minibars, down comforters, and wireless Internet access. Rooms were renovated January 2016.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Kimpton Solamar Hotel
The 10-story Kimpton Solamar Hotel is within 4 blocks of the Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Convention Center, and 1 block from Petco Park. WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
JSix restaurant serves Coastal California cuisine for breakfast, brunch, and dinner, while the poolside bar offers cocktails and light fare throughout the day. Room service is available for breakfast (6 AM-11 AM) and dinner (5:30 PM-11 PM). The hotel hosts a daily complimentary manager reception featuring wine and local craft beer (included in daily facilities fee).
In addition to the outdoor splash pool, and hot tub, guests enjoy a 24-hour fitness center with free weights and cardio and strength-training equipment. Complimentary yoga classes and bicycles are available to guests and included in the daily facilities fee. There is a 24-hour business center and 5,009 sq feet (465 sq meters) of meeting and event space on site, including a ballroom that accommodates 350 guests, with audiovisual equipment and event catering available.
Valet parking is available (surcharge) in a covered garage with unlimited in/out privileges.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Babysitting or childcare
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 9
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 2005
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 465
- Spa services on site
- Free reception
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 5009
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 235
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 10
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- DVD player
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
A complimentary wine reception is hosted each evening.
JSix - Decorated in red and gold with a large circular red bar in the center, this fine-dining restaurant serves contemporary California cuisine. Open for breakfast, brunch, and dinner.
Upper East Bar - A rooftop poolside bar with views of the San Diego skyline and Petco Park. Cocktails and light fare are served throughout the day. At night, the bar offers cabana seating and fire pits.
Nearby Things to Do
A 13,000-square-foot deck on the fourth floor houses an outdoor splash pool with teak lounge chairs, cabanas (advanced reservations required), and a poolside bar. Open 24 hours, the adjacent fitness center provides an elliptical machine, a treadmill, a stationary bicycle, a Universal gym, free weights, and exercise balls. Flat-screen TVs and headphones are mounted on each cardio machine.
One mile away, the Embarcadero recreation area has jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within two miles of the hotel, the 1,200-acre Balboa Park has two golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, eight miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.0 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Resort fee: USD 22.44 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 49.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per stay
- Hotel Solamar
- Solamar Hotel
- Solamar San Diego
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.