Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelVictorian-style hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter
Popular property highlights
Heart of Gaslamp
This recently renovated 4-story hotel is within 4 blocks of PETCO Park, the San Diego Convention Center, Horton Plaza shopping, and 100 restaurants and bars; Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo are a 2-minute drive away.
Salt & Whiskey blends a warm and welcoming ambiance with sophisticated décor.
The Horton Grand Hotel's individually decorated guestrooms feature Victorian-style furnishings with armoires; complimentary wireless Internet access and gas-burning, marble-framed fireplaces.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Horton Grand Hotel
The Horton Grand Hotel is 3 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, 4 blocks from Horton Plaza's shops and restaurants, and 4 blocks from PETCO Park.
This Victorian-style hotel reflects its Gaslamp Quarter location. Guestrooms are accessed via an authentic, hand-carved wood staircase or a glass-enclosed elevator. A small museum, off the main lobby, features memorabilia and Victorian-era photos. Conference space is available; the Horton Grand Theatre seats 250 people. Complimentary wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also features a 24-hour business center and 7 meeting rooms.
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 7
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1986
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2115
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 22766
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 132
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Individually decorated
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
Salt & Whiskey - Newly opened and renovated, Salt & Whiskey has an inspiring new team in place providing the freshest and most delicious dishes with impeccable service. Our space blends a warm and welcoming ambience with sophisticated décor.
KITCHEN HOURS: Sunday – Saturday: 6 AM to 11 PM
Sunday – Wednesday: 11 AM to Midnight
Thursday: 11 AM to 1 AM
Friday-Saturday 11 AM to 2 AM
HAPPY HOUR:Sunday – Thursday: 4 PM to 6 PM
The Salt & Whiskey hosts live music every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Five blocks away, the Embarcadero recreation area offers jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of the hotel are the 1,200-acre Balboa Park with 2 golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 18 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 100.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per night
- Grand Horton
- Grand Horton Hotel
- Horton Grand
- Horton Grand Hotel
- Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
- Horton Grand San Diego
- Horton Hotel
- Hotel Horton
- The Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.