Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelSan Diego hotel with a pool, steps from the bay and cruise ships
Popular property highlights
Near cruise ship terminal
Just west of the downtown core, this San Diego hotel is across the street from the cruise ship terminal, Coronado ferry, and the Maritime Museum. The Gaslamp Quarter and Petco Park are within 1.5 miles.
Onsite dining venues
Wyndham San Diego Bayside features an outdoor pool, fitness and business centers, and onsite dining venues.
Air-conditioned guestrooms feature city and water views. All offer WiFi, bathrobes, in-room safes, and flat-screen TVs with premium channels, pay movies, and video games.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Wyndham San Diego Bayside
The Wyndham San Diego Bayside, with its recently completed, multi-million-dollar renovation, is just across the street from San Diego Bay and is near the San Diego Convention Center, the Gaslamp Quarter, and Petco Park. The San Diego Zoo and Qualcomm Stadium are within a 15-minute drive of the Wyndham San Diego Bayside.
Guests can enjoy a workout in the fitness facility and bicycle rentals are available to explore the surrounding areas. A 24-hour business center with wireless Internet access is available to guests, as well as 8 meeting rooms and a terrace. A complimentary airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes, 6 AM until midnight. Valet parking, self parking, and RV, bus, and truck parking are available (surcharges apply).
- Free cruise terminal shuttle
- Fitness facilities
- Free airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 15
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 965
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 10384
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Free train station pickup
- Total number of rooms - 600
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 14
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 5.99 per hour )
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Balcony or patio
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi (limited) device count
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Hazelwood's Bayside Deli - Fresh salads and sandwiches served daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - Serving dinner nightly, this restaurant's main specialty is custom-aged U.S. prime beef. Reservations are suggested.
24-hour room service is also available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 5.99 per hour (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 29 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 40 per day
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per day
- San Diego Bayside Wyndham
- Wyndham Hotel San Diego Bayside
- Wyndham San Diego Bayside
- Wyndham San Diego Bayside Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Diego - On The Bay Hotel San Diego
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the train station. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Free in-room WiFi has a 3-device limit.