Cozy Victorian within walking distance of Balboa.
Posted Jan 12, 2017
We truly enjoyed our stay at Britt Scripps Inn and would return again happily. We stayed Friday to Saturday as a night away while the grandparents stayed with the kids.
1. Our room was HUGE! We had the garden room which is on the bottom floor right near the front desk/breakfast area.
2. Our bed was supremely comfortable.
3. Our shower had tons of fantastic pressure and hot water. It was divine!
4. The staff was friendly, helpful, attentive and beyond happy to go the extra mile. They were delightful.
5. It was easy walking distance to Balboa park which was a lovely way to spend the day.
6. The rate was great and we loved free parking!
1. In the morning there was a very strong acrid like smell permeating the room. No problem, we just opened a window and it helped a lot!
2. Breakfast was rather unappetizing and I ended up passing on most of the options and eating later. My husband enjoyed the food, so to each their own.
3. It can be a little loud in that area of town, especially early in the morning. We didn't mind, we're used to it, but others may.
4. There were a few cobwebs in the ceiling area of the room and some in the bathroom. Those could be cleaned up.
My cons really were very minor issues for the super picky and wouldn't in any way stop me from returning. The staff attention alone made this one of my best stays. I hope my hubby and I get another night away without the kids and if we do, we'd spend it here!