This place is a REAL Hovel!!!!!!
Posted Sep 12, 2016
Our mother passed away right before Labor Day weekend. We needed a place to stay near La Mesa. Everything was booked except this place. Now I know why. It had a depressing lobby, with dead potted plants. Our feet stuck to dirty, sticky exterior stairways and walkways. There were cigarette butts in potted plants and other landscaping. The "Laundry Room" consisted of a broken washer and a dryer in a hallway. Dangerous open-backed concrete stairways (no elevator) were difficult to navigate while carrying luggage. There were sketchy people (hanging around on stairways and hallways smoking and on cellphones (transacting business?). I got the impression that these people were at least part-time residents of the motel. Our "suite" consisted of a standard room with stained and torn sofa bed and a king size bed. There were holes in lampshades and drapes. The hair dryer handle was all sticky with some disgusting substance. Towels (new ones) were always smokey. (We were in a non-smoking room). We had to wash everything, clean clothes included when we returned home because the smokey smell got into everything.
Comment from Hotel Management
Sep 14, 2016 by Chetan , Hotel Management
Thank you for staying with us for five nights. I apologize for the washer not being in order. We have had someone come out and repair it. I wish you had brought your concerns to us during your stay so we could have addressed them. As far as the other comments regarding cleanliness, we are happy to report that on our last quality inspection we earned a 95% cleanliness score. If you would like to see a copy of the report, we have one at the frond desk available for review. Thank you for your comments.