Book your room at Hyatt Regency La Jolla
Get an overview of this hotelCalifornia high-rise near downtown La Jolla
Golden Triangle hotel
4 miles from Torrey Pines Golf Course and 8 miles from SeaWorld, this Michael Graves-designed hotel lies on 11 acres in the Golden Triangle high-tech/biotech area.
Guests can enjoy sushi at Cafe Japengo.
Hyatt Regency La Jolla's 417 spacious guestrooms were renovated in May 2014 and feature large windows that open, contemporary furnishings, down comforters, and minibars. Rooms offer wireless Internet access (surcharge).Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Hyatt Regency La Jolla3777 La Jolla Village Drive San Diego CA 92122
Renovations & Closures
Just east of I-5, this hotel is within one half-mile of the University of California San Diego and four miles from downtown La Jolla.
This California hotel offers a restaurant specializing in Pacific Rim cuisine, a lobby grill, lounge, and a large outdoor pool with private cabanas. The expansive ballroom covers 11,800 square feet. For smaller gatherings, a glass-enclosed pavilion sits next to the garden. This hotel offers wireless Internet access throughout, including the lounge, restaurant, and courtyard (surcharge). The hotel welcomes pets in specific rooms (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 16
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor tennis courts 2
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 417
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor tennis courts
Available in all rooms: Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Flat-panel TV
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Turndown service
Where to Eat
Barcino Grill - Daily breakfast and lunch are served in this bright and breezy café, located in the lower lobby, which specializes in California/Mediterranean cuisine, salads, and sandwiches.
Cafe Japengo - Open for lunch Monday–Friday, dinner daily. Delectable Pacific Rim cuisine and sushi are the focus at this popular, sleek restaurant, located adjacent to the hotel's main entrance. Voted best sushi in San Diego for eight consecutive years.
Michael's Lounge - Large, upscale lounge serves cocktails and light snacks. Pool tables, dance floor, occasional live and DJ entertainment.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar - Open nightly for dinner. A classic American steakhouse featuring over 100 wines-by-the-glass and private dining rooms.
Nearby Things to Do
Hyatt Regency La Jolla offers discounted access to the Sporting Club One and Spa, adjacent to the hotel. The 32,000-square-foot health club and spa includes free weights, fitness equipment, personal trainers, two onsite tennis courts are available as well as a full size basketball court in our annex, swimming pool, spa tub, steam room, aerobics, spinning classes, and dressing rooms. On site, the hotel offers a large, outdoor heated swimming pool with private cabanas offering spa services.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at Midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 18 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50.00 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95-14.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Jolla
- Hyatt Regency Jolla
- Hyatt Regency La Jolla Hotel San Diego
- La Jolla Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Jolla Hotel
- San Diego Hyatt
- Hyatt San Diego
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.