Get an overview of this hotelCalifornia high-rise near downtown La Jolla
Golden Triangle hotel
4 miles from Torrey Pines Golf Course and 8 miles from SeaWorld, this Michael Graves-designed hotel lies on 11 acres in the Golden Triangle high-tech/biotech area.
Guests can enjoy sushi at Cafe Japengo.
Hyatt Regency La Jolla's 417 spacious guestrooms were renovated in May 2014 and feature large windows that open, contemporary furnishings, down comforters, and minibars. Rooms offer free wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
Just east of I-5, this hotel is within one half-mile (0.8 kilometer) of the University of California San Diego and 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) from downtown La Jolla.
This California hotel offers 4 restaurants. Dining options include a lobby grill, a steakhouse, and venues specializing in American and Pacific Rim cuisine. The property also has a lounge and a large outdoor pool with private cabanas. The expansive ballroom covers 11,800 square feet. For smaller gatherings, a glass-enclosed pavilion sits next to the garden. This hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet access throughout, including the lounge, restaurant, and courtyard. The hotel welcomes pets in specific rooms (surcharge).
- Outdoor pool
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 417
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 16
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Poolside bar
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Self parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Barcino Grill - Daily breakfast and lunch are served in this bright and breezy café, located in the lower lobby, which specializes in California/Mediterranean cuisine, salads, and sandwiches.
Cafe Japengo - Open for lunch Monday–Friday, dinner daily. Delectable Pacific Rim cuisine and sushi are the focus at this popular, sleek restaurant, located adjacent to the hotel's main entrance. Voted best sushi in San Diego for eight consecutive years.
DRIFT eat + drink - Enjoy cocktails, comfort foods, and regional cuisine. Bar, big screen televisions and patio seating available. Offers lunch, dinner, and happy hour.
Michael's Lounge - Large, upscale lounge serves cocktails and light snacks. Pool tables, dance floor, occasional live and DJ entertainment.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar - Open nightly for dinner. A classic American steakhouse featuring over 100 wines-by-the-glass and private dining rooms.
Nearby Things to Do
Hyatt Regency La Jolla offers 2 onsite tennis courts as well as a full-size basketball court in our annex, swimming pool, and spa tub. Additionally, the pool offers private cabanas and where you can arrange spa services and food and beverage offerings.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50.00 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Jolla
- Hyatt Regency Jolla
- Hyatt Regency La Jolla Hotel San Diego
- La Jolla Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Jolla Hotel
- San Diego Hyatt
- Hyatt San Diego
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.