Get an overview of this hotelStylish hotel 1 block from San Diego's Petco Park
This 10-story hotel is 1 block from the Gaslamp Quarter, 4 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center and Horton Plaza, and a half-mile from Seaport Village shops and restaurants.
Rooftop pool, lounge
Kimpton Solamar Hotel's 4th-floor patio houses an outdoor splash pool, poolside bar, and cabana seating at night; the hotel's restaurant serves Coastal California cuisine.
Kimpton Solamar Hotel guestrooms include 55-inch LCD TVs with premium channels, bathrobes, minibars, down comforters, and wireless Internet access. Rooms were renovated January 2016.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Kimpton Solamar Hotel
The 10-story Kimpton Solamar Hotel is within 4 blocks of the Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Convention Center, and 1 block from Petco Park. WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
JSix restaurant serves Coastal California cuisine for breakfast, brunch, and dinner, while the poolside bar offers cocktails and light fare throughout the day. Room service is available for breakfast (6 AM-11 AM) and dinner (5:30 PM-11 PM). The hotel hosts a daily complimentary manager reception featuring wine and local craft beer (included in daily facilities fee).
In addition to the outdoor splash pool, and hot tub, guests enjoy a 24-hour fitness center with free weights and cardio and strength-training equipment. Complimentary yoga classes and bicycles are available to guests and included in the daily facilities fee. There is a 24-hour business center and 5,009 sq feet (465 sq meters) of meeting and event space on site, including a ballroom that accommodates 350 guests, with audiovisual equipment and event catering available.
Valet parking is available (surcharge) in a covered garage with unlimited in/out privileges.
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 9
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 235
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 10
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Rooftop terrace
- Conference space size (meters) - 465
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Free reception
- Year Built 2005
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 5009
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.99 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- DVD player
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
A complimentary wine reception is hosted each evening.
JSix - Decorated in red and gold with a large circular red bar in the center, this fine-dining restaurant serves contemporary California cuisine. Open for breakfast, brunch, and dinner.
LOUNGEsix - A rooftop poolside bar with views of the San Diego skyline and Petco Park. Cocktails and light fare are served throughout the day. At night, the bar offers cabana seating and fire pits.
Nearby Things to Do
A 13,000-square-foot deck on the fourth floor houses an outdoor splash pool with teak lounge chairs, cabanas, and a poolside bar. Open 24 hours, the adjacent fitness center provides an elliptical machine, a treadmill, a stationary bicycle, a Universal gym, free weights, and exercise balls. Flat-screen TVs and headphones are mounted on each cardio machine.
One mile away, the Embarcadero recreation area has jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within two miles of the hotel, the 1,200-acre Balboa Park has two golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, eight miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
Pets allowed (no fees)
Group bookings of 10 or more rooms cannot be accommodated via this website.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Destination fee: USD 22.44 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 49.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per stay
- Hotel Solamar
- Solamar Hotel
- Solamar San Diego
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.