Book your room at Renaissance San Diego Downtown
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Room (Concierge)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Executive RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Get an overview of this hotelPostmodern accommodations in downtown San Diego
Near San Diego Bay
Located in the heart of downtown, the 19-floor Renaissance San Diego is 3 blocks from Little Italy, 4 blocks from San Diego Bay, and 8 blocks from the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
Hip rooftop bar
High-style amenities include a rooftop bar, fire pit, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Perch above the city
Renaissance San Diego guestrooms feature scenic bay window seating with thick cushions, blackboards with chalk and erasers, and color schemes that incorporate sea, sky, and sand.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The 19-story Renaissance San Diego is situated 3 blocks from Little Italy, and 5 blocks from Horton Plaza and the Embarcadero. The hotel is also near the airport, cruise ship and ferry terminal, metro station, and a shopping district.
Renaissance San Diego completed an extensive renovation of its public areas in May 2012 and now offers a trendy rooftop bar, lobby lounge bar, restaurant, live weekend entertainment, and a private heated outdoor pool with adjacent 24-hour indoor fitness room. Complimentary town-car transportation is available for the downtown area (limited hours, based on availability). Wireless Internet access is available for a fee on the hotel's first 3 floors, which include most public areas. A 24-hour business center provides 2 computers with high-speed Internet.
The pet-friendly Renaissance San Diego offers a dog bowl and bed. It also features a dog menu, which includes treats, dog-sitting, and walking services.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 8
- Multilingual staff
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 19
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Outdoor pool
- Rooftop terrace
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Total number of rooms - 258
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 2003
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 14.95 USD per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( 14.95 USD per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Free toiletries
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Digital TV service
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe
- iPod docking station
- Iron/ironing board
- LCD TV
- Pay movies
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Living Room Lounge - This stylish and sophisticated lounge and bar offers plenty for those looking to socialize or to relax with a cocktail. It includes a full bar and an eye-in-the-sky DJ booth. Open daily.
Kelvin — This upscale restaurant features contemporary world cuisine with a West Coast flair. Diners will enjoy the creative menu, which offers small plates to share and savor, as well as signature entrees, all featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients that redefine classic flavors.
Rooftop bar - A visionary fusion of extraordinary cocktails and glittering views. Full service and bottle service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel features a private outdoor pool with an adjacent 24-hour indoor fitness room. Pilates and yoga classes are available nearby. Also nearby is a playground, bowling alley, scooter and moped rentals, and Segway rentals and tours.
Numerous water sports and other recreational opportunities are available in the San Diego area. Among the options are surfing, sailing, horse riding, cycling, and hang-gliding.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
Enjoy a seaside escape to San Diego. While you're here, discover relaxing spa services available at Renaissance San Diego. While we don't have a full-day spa, we do offer spectacular spa services in the privacy and comfort of your guest room or suite. Advance reservations required.
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-out time is Noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Pet deposit: USD 100 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 35 per accommodation (varies based on length of stay)
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- San Diego W
- W Hotel San Diego
- W San Diego
- w San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown