Get an overview of this hotelPostmodern accommodations in downtown San Diego
Near San Diego Bay
Located in the heart of downtown, the 19-floor Renaissance San Diego Hotel is 3 blocks from Little Italy, 4 blocks from San Diego Bay, and 8 blocks from the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
Hip rooftop bar
High-style amenities include a rooftop bar, fire pit, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Perch above the city
Renaissance San Diego Hotel guestrooms feature scenic bay window seating with thick cushions, blackboards with chalk and erasers, and color schemes that incorporate sea, sky, and sand.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Renaissance San Diego Hotel
The 19-story Renaissance San Diego Hotel is situated 3 blocks from Little Italy, and 5 blocks from Horton Plaza and the Embarcadero. The hotel is also near the airport, cruise ship and ferry terminal, metro station, and a shopping district.
Renaissance San Diego completed an extensive renovation of its public areas in May 2012 and now offers a trendy rooftop bar, lobby lounge bar, restaurant, and a private heated outdoor pool with adjacent 24-hour indoor fitness room. Wireless Internet access is available for a fee on the hotel's first 3 floors, which include most public areas. A 24-hour business center provides 2 computers with high-speed Internet.
The pet-friendly Renaissance San Diego offers a dog bowl and bed. It also features a dog menu, which includes treats, dog-sitting, and walking services.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 19
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Express check-out
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 258
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2003
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Outdoor pool
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 8
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Smoke-free property
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Designer toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Free toiletries
- Pillowtop mattress
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Where to Eat
Living Room Lounge - This stylish and sophisticated lounge and bar offers plenty for those looking to socialize or to relax with a cocktail. Open daily.
Kelvin — This upscale restaurant features contemporary world cuisine with a West Coast flair. Diners will enjoy the creative menu, which offers small plates to share and savor, as well as signature entrees, all featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients that redefine classic flavors.
Rooftop bar - A visionary fusion of extraordinary cocktails and glittering views. Full service and bottle service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel features a private outdoor pool with an adjacent 24-hour indoor fitness room. Pilates and yoga classes are available nearby. Also nearby is a playground, bowling alley, scooter and moped rentals, and Segway rentals and tours.
Numerous water sports and other recreational opportunities are available in the San Diego area. Among the options are surfing, sailing, horse riding, cycling, and hang-gliding.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
Enjoy a seaside escape to San Diego. While you're here, discover relaxing spa services available at Renaissance San Diego Hotel. While we don't have a full-day spa, we do offer spectacular spa services in the privacy and comfort of your guest room or suite. Advance reservations required.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation (varies based on length of stay)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation (varies based on length of stay)
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- San Diego W
- W Hotel San Diego
- W San Diego
- Renaissance San Diego
- w San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown
- w San Diego Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).