Book your room at The Horton Grand Hotel
Get an overview of this hotelVictorian-style hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter
Heart of Gaslamp
This recently renovated 4-story hotel is within 4 blocks of PETCO Park, the San Diego Convention Center, Horton Plaza shopping, and 100 restaurants and bars; Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo are a 2-minute drive away.
Palace Bar lounge features cocktails and beverages from late afternoon.
The Horton Grand Hotel's individually decorated guestrooms feature Victorian-style furnishings with armoires; complimentary wireless Internet access and gas-burning, marble-framed fireplaces.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
The Horton Grand Hotel311 Island Ave San Diego CA 92101
The Horton Grand Hotel is 3 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, 4 blocks from Horton Plaza's shops and restaurants, and 4 blocks from PETCO Park.
This Victorian-style hotel reflects its Gaslamp Quarter location. Guestrooms are accessed via an authentic, hand-carved wood staircase or a glass-enclosed elevator. A small museum, off the main lobby, features memorabilia and Victorian-era photos. Conference space is available; the Horton Grand Theatre seats 250 people. Complimentary wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also features a 24-hour business center and 7 meeting rooms.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 22766
- Conference space size (meters) - 2115
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 7
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 132
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1986
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Individually decorated
- Iron/ironing board
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shower/tub combination
Where to Eat
Ida Bailey's - Open daily from 6:30 AM to 10 PM for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Restaurant features seating indoor and outside in our open air courtyard.
Palace Bar - Open daily from 11 AM to midnight. Live entertainment Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Lounge features a baby grand piano, period decor and a wall fresco. Patio seating available.
The Palace Bar hosts live music every Friday and Saturday evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Five blocks away, the Embarcadero recreation area offers jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of the hotel are the 1,200-acre Balboa Park with 2 golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 12 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per night.
- Pets not allowed (service dogs only)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service dogs are allowed
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 15 for adults, USD 6 and USD 15 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 38 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Grand Horton
- Grand Horton Hotel
- Horton Grand
- Horton Grand Hotel
- Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
- Horton Grand San Diego
- Horton Hotel
- Hotel Horton
- The Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.