Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly San Diego hotel in Downtown San Diego, near San Diego Zoo
This family-friendly San Diego hotel is located near the airport, within 2 mi (3 km) of San Diego Zoo and Mission Valley Mall. Balboa Park is 2.2 mi (3.5 km) away.
This hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and 2 bars/lounges. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a fitness center, a poolside bar, and a 24-hour business center are onsite.
All 133 rooms offer free WiFi, iPod docks, and LCD TVs with cable channels. Other amenities available to guests include room service, free newspapers, and free local calls.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows features an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. The property also offers a grocery/convenience store. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and a poolside bar. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 3.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and a meeting room. Event facilities measuring 15000 square feet (1394 square meters) include a conference center. This family-friendly hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge). A total renovation of this property was completed in January 2012.
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows has designated areas for smoking.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in common areas
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 133
- Year Built 1946
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Designated smoking areas
- Grocery/convenience store
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Computer station
- One meeting room
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Conference space size (meters) - 1394
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 15000
- Pool sun loungers
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 5
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
- Poolside bar
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Parking (limited spaces)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11 AM.
HOPE 46 - This poolside restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered.
Red Fox Restaurant - This steakhouse specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
Guests under 18 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 11:00 PM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 13 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
No rollaway/extra beds available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Deposit: USD 100-500 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 14 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 12.00 per night
- Early check-in fee: USD 25.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per night
- Club Bungalows
- Hotel Lafayette
- Hotel Swim
- Lafayette Hotel
- Lafayette Hotel Swim Club
- Lafayette Hotel Swim Club & Bungalows
- Lafayette Hotel Swim Club & Bungalows San Diego
- Lafayette Swim Club
- Lafayette Swim Club Bungalows
- Lafayette Swim Club Bungalows San Diego
- Lafayette Hotel San Diego
- Lafayette San Diego
- Lafayette Hotel Swim Club Bungalows San Diego
- Lafayette Hotel Swim Club Bungalows
We should mention
Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).