Get an overview of this hotelChic, historic hotel in heart of downtown San Diego
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
Central downtown locale
In the heart of downtown San Diego, this historic boutique hotel is 2 blocks from Horton Plaza, 4 blocks from the Gaslamp Quarter, and 6 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center and the cruise ship terminal.
Business hotel, yoga
This business-friendly hotel offers a 24-hour business center and meeting facilities. Retreat-like highlights at the Sofia Hotel include a full-service spa and a 24-hour yoga center and fitness center.
Sofia Hotel houses 211 guestrooms with natural influences, down comforters, and pillowtop mattresses. Amenities include high-speed Internet access, flat-screen TVs, compact refrigerators, and microwaves.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Sofia Hotel
The Sofia Hotel is a boutique hotel situated 2 blocks from Horton Plaza shopping and 4 blocks from San Diego's historic Gaslamp Quarter. The hotel offers a 24-hour front desk and 24-hour valet service. The Sofia hotel has a fireplace and offers wireless Internet access (surcharge) in the lobby.
Currant American Brasserie, the on-site restaurant, serves brasserie-style American dishes.
This San Diego hotel has a full-service 24-hour business center as well as meeting space for small groups; audiovisual equipment is also available.
A health club offering state-of-the-art fitness equipment and a 24-hour yoga studio are on site.
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Number of floors - 7
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Health club
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 211
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 3
- Multilingual staff
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Television in common areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1926
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 8.75 per night ), Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Shower only
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Currant American Brasserie - Featuring American brasserie-style plates, cocktails, and intimate indoor and outdoor dining. Full-service bar.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel provides a 24-hour yoga studio with on-call instructor, and a 24-hour fitness studio with state-of-the-art equipment.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per pet, per night
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- 2.89 percent destination fee will be charged
- Resort fee: USD 9.85 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 12 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 8.75 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 36.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 36.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Hotel Sofia
- Sofia Hotel
- Sofia Hotel San Diego
- Sofia San Diego
We should mention
This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.