Visiting San Diego
History buffs will enjoy exploring San Diego, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its local tours, shopping, and bars. Top sights around the area include Puerta del Reloj, San Felipe de Barajas Castle, and San Pedro Claver Church and Convent.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in San Diego
- The closest major airport is in Cartagena (CTG-Rafael Nunez Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Diego
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as House of Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Las Bovedas is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza de San Diego and Santo Toribio Church.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in San Diego. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casablanca Belle & Boutique - This 4-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Casa La Cartujita - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Bastión Luxury Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its bar and pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Puerta del Reloj, located 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the city center, and San Felipe de Barajas Castle, which is 0.7 mi/1.2 km away.
Dressing for San Diego
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for San Diego is 2.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 73°F