Get an overview of this hotelRecently renovated maritime-themed boutique hotel on Fisherman's Wharf
Popular property highlights
Right by the bay
Across the street from San Francisco Bay, this boutique hotel occupies a creatively converted 1909 brick warehouse; fun-filled Fisherman's Wharf is right outside; the Alcatraz ferry is 6 blocks away.
Mermaid and chowder
Outfitted with deck chairs and decorative sails, the lobby is the setting for evening receptions. The Argonaut Hotel's Blue Mermaid Chowder House showcases fresh seafood and award-winning chowders.
Nautical and nice
The Argonaut's nautically-themed guestrooms feature porthole mirrors, complimentary toiletries, anchor-motif bedding, star-shaped pillows, and Frette luxury linens. All have flat-screen TVs, laptop-compatible in-room safe and free WiFi and wired Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Argonaut Hotel - a Noble House Hotel
The Argonaut offers a prime location across from the picture-perfect San Francisco waterfront and adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf and cable cars.
Parking is available nearby (surcharge) and valet parking is available (surcharge).
Children can choose a complimentary toy every day from the "treasure chest" at the front desk. The hotel welcomes pets at an additional charge; dogs receive their own special treat at check-in.
Two computers in the lobby area are available for a surcharge as well as 24-hour business services. An airy fitness room with exposed-brick walls is open around the clock.
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 6
- Year Built 1909
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free reception
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Total number of rooms - 252
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Free toiletries
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Partially open bathroom
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Blue Mermaid Chowder House & Bar - Colorful, maritime-themed restaurant featuring six savory chowders, including award-winning Dungeness Crab & Corn Chowder. Daily fresh fish selection, fresh oysters on the half shell, cioppino among other menu highlights. Full bar serving California wines, wide selection of beers, Irish coffee, and nautically inspired cocktails such as Pirate's Punch. Exposed-brick walls, original wooden beams, boats suspended from ceiling. Patio seating (weather permitting) with views of picturesque Del Monte Square. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks daily. Children's menu.
Room service is available from early morning until midnight.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center, an airy space with exposed-brick walls, features cardio machines with individual TVs, along with free weights, resistance equipment, and stability balls. Guests can borrow a yoga basket with mat, strap, and block for use in their rooms.
The scenic waterfront, with its myriad attractions, is right outside the hotel and perfect for a brisk walk or run. Bicycle trips across the Golden Gate Bridge are also great fun; a rental shop is in the same building as the Argonaut. Fishing charters are available along Fisherman's Wharf. Hardy souls can brave the chilly waters of Aquatic Park, one block away.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 20.00 per day.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per pet, per stay
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Resort fee: USD 25.62 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- Breakfast fee: USD 24 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 75 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per stay
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 20.00 per day
- Argonaut Hotel
- Argonaut Hotel San Francisco
- Argonaut San Francisco
- Hotel Argonaut
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.