Get an overview of this hotelRenovated hotel in San Francisco's SoMa district
Popular property highlights
This San Francisco hotel is in the South of Market Street (SoMa district) neighborhood, 2 blocks from Westfield San Francisco Centre, 3 blocks from the Moscone Center, and 6 blocks from Union Square.
Guests of this smoke-free hotel can head across the street to a partner hotel to access the outdoor heated pool, sauna, or fitness room.
This literary themed hotel features 48 spacious guestrooms each named after a San Francisco notable. Each guestroom features a blend of classic and Asian Zen décor. Rooms offer flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, and complimentary WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
This hotel sits in the vibrant SoMa neighborhood, lined with several restaurants and cafés, on a busy thoroughfare midway between baseball's AT&T Park and the Moscone Center, on a block of mostly residential high-rise lofts.
Guests enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access in all rooms and public spaces and onsite parking is available for a fee. Complimentary coffee, tea, and a continental breakfast is served each morning.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 48
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 4
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- iPod docking station
- Free WiFi
- Partially open bathroom
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Carriage Inn does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding SoMa and downtown San Francisco area.
- Custom Burger and Lounge
- Good Pizza
A complimentary Continental breakfast is available from 7 to 10 AM daily in the lobby.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests have complimentary use of the heated rectangular splash pool, women's and men's saunas, and small fitness room with stair machines and stationary bikes located across the street at the Americania Hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 250.00
- Resort fee: USD 17.46 per accommodation, per night
- Partner property pool access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- Self parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Best Western Plus Carriage Hotel San Francisco
- Carriage Inn San Francisco
- Carriage San Francisco
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.