Get an overview of this hotelPalatial San Francisco hotel located atop Nob Hill
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
Cable car convenience
Fairmont San Francisco is located atop swanky Nob Hill, the only spot in the city where every cable car line intersects. Guests can hop a ride past the Cable Car Museum to Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf, or walk 4 minutes to Chinatown. Union Square is just a half-mile away.
A trio of restaurants
Corinthian columns support a gilded ceiling in the hotel’s lobby. A trio of dining options fill the palatial space, offering everything from locally caught seafood to Asian dishes. Guests can sip Mai Tais in a tropical rainforest setting, or get their coffee fix in the European-style Caffé Cento.
Each of the hotel’s individually designed guestrooms features pillowtop beds and posh furnishings, as well as WiFi. The 62 suites, some with private balconies or terraces, offer sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge and city skyline.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Fairmont San Francisco
In addition to a full-service spa, Fairmont San Francisco features a health club and a sauna. The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. WiFi is available for a surcharge.
This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a nightclub, a steam room, and spa services. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
- Steam room
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 52
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 591
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1907
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 55000
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 5110
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- iPod docking station
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Fairmont San Francisco offers 3 fabulous dining options. These San Francisco restaurants are world-renowned in this landmark hotel. Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar offers exotic Asian cuisine, along with the city's best Mai Tai, in the unforgettable setting of a tropical rainforest. Laurel Court Restaurant & Bar offers a fine dining experience featuring local ingredients and fresh seafood from San Francisco Bay, paired with one-of-a-kind wines from the area's top boutique wineries and local craft beers. Inspired by the cafes of Europe, Caffé Cento combines the coffee of illy with the chocolate of Ghirardelli and the hospitality of Fairmont.
Due to the restaurants’ popularity during the holiday season, dining reservations are required from November 24, 2016 – January 1, 2017. Book restaurant reservations early to secure preferred timeframe.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a health club, a sauna, and a steam room.
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Club One. Services include massages, facials, and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Steam room in spa
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 19 and USD 38 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 72.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 72.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per day
- Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- The Fairmont San Francisco
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont San Francisco is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.