Get an overview of this hotelPalatial San Francisco hotel located atop Nob Hill
Popular property highlights
Cable car convenience
Fairmont San Francisco is located atop swanky Nob Hill, the only spot in the city where every cable car line intersects. Guests can hop a ride past the Cable Car Museum to Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf, or walk 4 minutes to Chinatown. Union Square is just a half-mile away.
A trio of restaurants
Corinthian columns support a gilded ceiling in the hotel’s lobby. A trio of dining options fill the palatial space, offering everything from locally caught seafood to Asian dishes. Guests can sip Mai Tais in a tropical rainforest setting, or get their coffee fix in the European-style Caffé Cento.
Each of the hotel’s individually designed guestrooms features pillowtop beds and posh furnishings, as well as WiFi. The 62 suites, some with private balconies or terraces, offer sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge and city skyline.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Fairmont San Francisco
In addition to a full-service spa, Fairmont San Francisco features a health club and a sauna. The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. WiFi is available for a surcharge.
This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a nightclub, a steam room, and spa services. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Rooftop terrace
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 52
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1907
- Coffee shop or café
- Steam room
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5110
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 55000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 592
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period ), Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar - Offers exotic Asian cuisine in the unforgettable setting of a tropical rainforest.
Laurel Court Restaurant & Bar - Offers a fine dining experience featuring local ingredients and fresh seafood from San Francisco Bay, paired with wines from area boutique wineries and local craft beers.
Caffé Cento - Inspired by the cafes of Europe, this cafe combines the coffee of illy with the chocolate of Ghirardelli and the hospitality of Fairmont.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a health club, a sauna, and a steam room.
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Club One. Services include massages, facials, and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.0 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 19 and USD 38 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 72.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 72.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.0 per day
- Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- The Fairmont San Francisco
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont San Francisco is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.