Racist/Sexist Clerk / Unseen Charges
Posted Mar 28, 2017
Sadly, I complained to the hotel about my recent experience but received no response. I wasn't going to publicly scorn them, but because they haven't contacted me, I will go ahead and post this review.
I recently stayed at Francisco Bay inn with my three friends. I am a white man. They are Asian ladies. There was nothing romantic going on; I slept on the floor (not that that should matter).
I have fifteen years of experience working in hotels. I always try to be a good guest.
* I am polite, respectful, and cordial.
* I tipped the amazing front desk girl, Amy, who was very helpful.
* I tipped the housekeepers.
* I didn't ask for service on the first day. I only wanted towels, cups, and the trash removed.
* At checkout, I stripped to room for the housekeepers. I had all the sheets and towels and trash ready. I removed all of the half-used soaps and lotions from the shower. I feel that I was an easy customer.
Having already paid through Expedia, I asked the morning clerk (an Asian guy) if there were going to be any additional charges. He said no. Yet, a few minutes ago, I checked my credit card statement to find that they charged me an extra $25.
Worse, when I asked the morning clerk where the CVS was, he stoically pointed in a direction and said, "Seven blocks that way." But when my beautiful Asian companion came down later and asked the same question, he pointed in the other direction and said, "Four blocks that way." He was all smiles with her.