Get an overview of this hotelUpscale high-rise on San Francisco's Union Square
Popular property highlights
Shopping, cable cars
Rising 36 stories above Union Square, this sleek, contemporary hotel is 1 block from cable cars, 3 blocks from Westfield San Francisco Centre shopping mall, and 4 blocks from the Financial District.
Views from the top
The Grand Hyatt San Francisco Union Square is home to the OneUP Restaurant & Lounge featuring local and seasonal ingredients. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
Hyatt Grand Beds
Guestrooms feature Hyatt Grand Beds, including comfy Sealy Posturepedic mattresses. Floor-to-ceiling windows overlook nearby streets; higher-level rooms provide spectacular skyline views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Grand Hyatt San Francisco Union Square
The Grand Hyatt San Francisco Union Square is adjacent to Union Square's famous stores, one block from cable cars, two blocks from Chinatown's main gate, and three blocks from the Westfield San Francisco Centre, anchored by Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. Historic F-line streetcars stop about three blocks from the hotel and offer fast access to the Financial District, Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf, and other key destinations.
The business center is open 24-hours a day. Standard WiFi is complimentary, or guests can pay for higher speeds.
The hotel's concierges are considered among the best in town; most belong to the prestigious Les Clefs d'Or organization. Business and secretarial services are also available at this pet-friendly hotel. 30,000 square feet of meeting space, spread over 23 rooms, makes the hotel an ideal one for conferences and events.
OneUP Restaurant showcases California cuisine in a casual atmosphere.
Valet parking is available nearby (surcharge).
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 23
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2787
- Number of meeting rooms - 23
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 30000
- Total number of rooms - 660
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 36
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microwave (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- Microwave (on request)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
OneUP Restaurant - California cuisine in a casually elegant setting. Open daily for breakfast (buffet and à la carte), lunch, and dinner. Wide selection of domestic and international wines.
OneUP Lounge - This lounge adjacent to the restaurant is a popular choice for after-work cocktails and appetizers, luscious desserts. Open daily from late morning until late night.
Room service is available from 6 AM until midnight (hours subject to change).
Nearby Things to Do
Guests enjoy complimentary access to the state-of-the-art Hyatt Stay Fit Gym on the 35th floor. The gym is open 24 hours and includes cardio machines with individual TV monitors, resistance equipment, free weights, medicine balls, and refreshing peppermint-scented face towels.
For a challenging hill climb with extraordinary vistas, start at the base of Nob Hill, one block from the hotel, on the other side of Union Square. Walk up steep Powell Street and turn left onto California Street. Take a breather at Huntington Park, with its beguiling Fountain of the Tortoises.
For a change of pace, walk or jog along the waterfront Embarcadero, easily accessible via the F-line streetcar, three blocks from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 100 per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9 and USD 32 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 39 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 67.26 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per night
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Union Square
- Hyatt Hotel San Francisco Grand Square Union
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Union Square Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).