Get an overview of this hotelBoutique hotel celebrates San Francisco in cinema
Union Square hotel
In the Union Square area of downtown, this boutique hotel is a block from a cable car line and 4 blocks from Moscone Center.
Petit Theatre Bijou
A double feature of San Francisco-based films is screened each evening in Hotel Bijou's own Petit Theatre Bijou. There is also complimentary Wireless internet throughout the hotel.
Each guestroom at Hotel Bijou is named after a movie shot in San Francisco and adorned with corresponding original movie stills.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Renovations & Closures
Located in San Francisco's vibrant Union Square neighborhood, the Hotel Bijou is one block from the Cable Car Line and four blocks from the Moscone Center. The hotel is near the metro, shopping, and entertainment. Inspired by San Francisco's impressive cinematic history, the hotel is bejeweled with movie palace flourishes and portraits of Hollywood stars. Adjacent to the lobby, a mini-movie theater screens a double feature of San Francisco-based films each evening. To the delight of many adults, complimentary popcorn and candy is offered during the screenings.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel. Parking is valet (surcharge). A free breakfast to-go is available. Your stay also includes the use of a nearby fitness facility.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 65
- Number of floors - 6
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free breakfast
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1911
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The hotel's front desk has a candy counter for movie munchies.
This hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options in the surrounding area.
Nearby restaurants include:
Dottie's True Blue Cafe
Dudley's Bar and Grill
Reserved exclusively for hotel guests, Le Petiter Theater at Hotel Bijou shows complimentary movies daily at 7 PM and 9:30 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
- Kayaking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night, plus a one-time cleaning fee of USD 25
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 20 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 0.0 per stay (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 17.00 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: USD 41 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 45.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night plus USD 25 one-time cleaning fee
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
- Bijou Hotel
- Bijou San Francisco
- Hotel Bijou
- Hotel Bijou San Francisco
- Bijou Hotel San Francisco
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).