Book your room at Hotel Mark Twain
Get an overview of this hotelNewly renovated hotel near San Francisco's Union Square
Central city location
The updated 1928 San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from Union Square shopping, a cable car line, and a BART station. Moscone Convention Center is 8 blocks from Hotel Mark Twain.
Hotel Mark Twain offers complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel and a complimentary wired Internet access technology bar with iPads and a printer in the lobby.
Comforts of home
This San Francisco hotel's guestrooms are newly renovated, with louvered shutters, windows that open, in-room safes, ceiling fans, and 42-inch flat screen TVs.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Hotel Mark Twain345 Taylor St San Francisco CA 94102
Renovations & Closures
- Fitness facilities
Centrally located Hotel Mark Twain offers complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the lobby. Assistance with faxes, printing, and photocopies is offered at the front desk.
Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar in the lobby. Guests also have complimentary access to the hotel's 24-hour exercise room, equipped with cardio and strength-training equipment. Valet parking is also available for a fee.
This is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for smoke-free violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 116
- Number of floors - 9
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 2
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1928
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Rainfall showerhead
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- MP3 docking station
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Enjoy a drink at Bar 345. Indulge in an early evening cocktail and light appetizers (currently closed for renovation).
Nearby Things to Do
Guests have access to the hotel's 24-hour fitness center. Four miles away, the Presidio Golf Course is a public 18-hole course deep inside the city's verdant park near the Golden Gate Bridge. The course is lined with century-old eucalyptus and pine trees, and was originally reserved for use by the military. In 1995, the Presidio became a national park, and the golf course went public.
Fees may apply to the above amenities.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours on site
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Valet parking fee: USD 49.00 per day
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Hotel Mark
- Hotel Mark Twain
- Hotel Mark Twain San Francisco
- Mark Twain Hotel
- Mark Twain San Francisco
- Twain Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).