Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelNewly renovated in 2018 with historical lobby
Popular property highlights
Hotel Spero is steps away from Union Square, perfectly positioned in the Theater District of San Francisco, 2 blocks from the Powell Street cable car.
Newly renovated property, and the lobby is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has the original ceiling, floor, and features dating from 1928.
Hotel Spero's guestrooms, dressed in crimson and gold with Moroccan accents, have triple-sheeted beds, iPod-docking stations, high ceilings, window seats, and high-speed Internet access.
Beautifully blending the historic Spanish Colonial style architecture with the modern San Francisco style, Hotel Spero completed a top to bottom renovation in Spring 2018. Ideally located in the heart of San Francisco, Hotel Spero is steps from Union Square, the infamous Cable Car and several other iconic landmarks.
Hotel Spero offers thoughtful amenities and convenient services including a 24 hour fitness center with Peloton bikes, 3,000 square feet meeting facilities, and a 24-hour business center with two computer work stations. Onsite dining at Jasper’s Corner Tap & Kitchen, an ideal place for a drink and a delicious bite to eat. Concierge services are available. Guests will also find an ATM banking service onsite and luggage storage. Hotel Spero provides a soothing respite from the buzzing city.
This property is smoke-free.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 279
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 3000
- Total number of rooms - 236
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 17
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 34.19 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 34.19 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen - named for the man who largely built this beautiful city, Jasper's is open every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks. The bar features 18 beers on tap, a wide variety of fun cocktails, personable service, and delicious casual food.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour accessible fitness center is equipped with two exercise bikes, two treadmills, and two cross-trainers.
Several public-play golf courses in San Francisco include the Presidio Golf Club (four miles), and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 5 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 13 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
- Resort fee: USD 34.19 per accommodation, per night
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12.00 and USD 22.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 34.19 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 34.19 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 58.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Hotel Serrano
- Hotel Spero San Francisco
- Serrano Hotel San Francisco
- Serrano San Francisco
- Spero San Francisco
We should mention
Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).