Get an overview of this hotelArt Deco boutique hotel in downtown San Francisco
Popular property highlights
Near downtown shopping
Situated on the cable car line in the downtown shopping district, the boutique hotel is 2 blocks from Union Square and 4 blocks from the Moscone Center and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA).
Evening wine reception
Hotel Union Square offers coffee and tea each morning and a wine reception in the evenings. The Art Deco-style hotel features wireless Internet access.
32-inch TVs, room service
Hotel Union Square's 131 contemporary guestrooms feature platform beds and custom furnishings. Rooms include air conditioning, 32-inch televisions, room service (limited hours), and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Union Square
Originally called the Golden West Hotel when it was built in 1913 for the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition, the Art Deco boutique hotel was a favorite of author Dashiell Hammett. Guests of Hotel Union Square receive complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby each morning and enjoy a complimentary evening wine reception. Room service is available from Tad's Steakhouse.
Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star hotel include wireless Internet access, and a penthouse suite, which can be reserved for small meetings and receptions. Guests have complimentary access to a nearby fitness center and receive discounted day passes to a full-service gym. Valet parking is available for a fee.
Hotel Union Square is a smoke-free property.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free reception
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Luggage storage
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 1913
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 131
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 15 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 15.00 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Hotel Union Square offers complimentary coffee and tea each morning in the lobby and a wine reception in the evenings. Room service is available from Tad's Steakhouse.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs only
- Up to 40 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 22.80 per night
- Fitness center access
- Nearby fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 15.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per day
- Hotel Union Square
- Union Square Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.