Get an overview of this hotelLuxury hotel linked to Embarcadero, near waterfront
Popular property highlights
Walk to the water
This hotel in San Francisco's Financial District (entrance on Clay St.) is connected by an elevated walkway to the Embarcadero Center, and is two blocks from the cable cars, and four blocks from the waterfront.
Free business center
The modern 24-story Le Meridien San Francisco offers a complimentary business center, fitness facilities, a fine-dining restaurant, a lobby-level lounge, and concierge services.
Frette Italian linens
The 360 contemporary guestrooms of Le Meridien have king beds with pillowtop mattresses and Frette-Italian linens, 55-inch flat-screen TVs, CD players, bathrobes, and wireless and wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge). Large topographical maps of the surrounding hills and mountains cover the walls in guestrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Le Meridien San Francisco
The Le Meridien San Francisco has a fine-dining restaurant and a lobby lounge. Guests have access to a complimentary 24-hour business center with three computer workstations with high-speed Internet access and a printer. Conference space that includes use of next-door Bently Reserve totals 21,000 square feet (1,950 square meters). Concierge desk staff provide business and concierge services.
The hotel has a fitness room and offers complimentary morning coffee/tea service in the Park Grill every day. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas.
Valet parking is available (surcharge). Pets are permitted (free). Rollaway beds are available (surcharge).
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 6
- Year Built 1988
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 360
- Number of floors - 24
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Park Grill - Hotel guests and local power brokers mingle at this mezzanine-level restaurant at the top of a glass-enclosed spiral staircase. The menu features California cuisine, seasonal fresh meat, produce, and seafood. Highlights could include lobster “cioppino” with green-lip mussels and scallops, or herb-roasted breast of free-range chicken with sauteed baby Savoy spinach, marble potatoes, and melted baby leeks.
Alfresco dining is available on the adjacent terrace, which also offers garden and city views, a light menu, and cocktails. Breakfast and lunch Monday–Sunday.
Bar 333 and Bistro - This lobby-level lounge offers cocktails and a Mediterranean-style menu in the afternoon and evening. Complimentary morning coffee/tea service. Guests can retreat to the privacy of the adjoining Library Lounge with its two 42-inch plasma-screen TVs, comfortable seating areas, and selection of newspapers and magazines.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel fitness room has treadmills, elliptical trainers, stair machines, free weights, and a selection of weight machines.
This San Francisco hotel is four blocks from the Embarcadero waterfront walkway, popular for running and cycling. The concierge can help arrange for rental bikes, for traversing the waterfront or riding across the Golden Gate Bridge (five miles from the hotel). Three of San Francisco's 18-hole public-play golf courses are nearby: the Presidio (4 miles), Lincoln Park (6 miles), and Harding Park (7 miles). Ocean beaches are seven miles from the hotel. A park with a children's playground is four blocks from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Golfing nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 1 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 30 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 62 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Meridien Hotel San Francisco
- Meridien San Francisco
- San Francisco Meridien
- Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Le Meridien
- Meridien San Francisco Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.