Book your room at Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco
Get an overview of this hotelRestored landmark hotel in downtown San Francisco
Union Square: 3 blocks
A member of The Luxury Collection of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, this legendary 1909 hotel in downtown San Francisco is 1 block from the Financial District, 3 blocks from Union Square, and 4 blocks from Moscone Center.
Garden Court grandeur
The Palace Hotel's resplendent Garden Court, with a stained-glass dome, is considered one of the world's most beautiful dining rooms. A famous mural by Maxfield Parrish takes center stage in the Pied Piper Bar.
Elegantly traditional in design, guestrooms at the Palace Hotel feature 11-foot ceilings and sophisticated furniture. Beds indulge with expansive headboards, pillowtop mattresses, and down duvets.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco2 New Montgomery St San Francisco CA 94105
This historic downtown San Francisco hotel is just a block from the Financial District and numerous walkable attractions. Union Square, designer boutiques, the Embarcadero, and many cultural locations are within a 15-minute walk.
Renovated in 2015, this San Francisco Palace Hotel - Luxury Collection is a member of the Luxury Collection, which includes more than 100 Starwood hotels and resorts around the world. In its newest incarnation, elements of the historic 1909 construction blend with modern style and convenience. The San Fransico Palace Hotel boasts fine dining in the Garden Court and Pied Piper, along with classic drinks in the GC Lounge. The health club features a skylit pool and spa tub with chaise loungers and marble-clad changing rooms. Onsite fitness offerings also include cardio machines and weight racks. Internet access is available in public areas for a fee.
Guests can relax in the hotel's 556 elegant guestrooms, which boast spacious 11-foot ceilings. Beds feature luxurious headboards, pillowtop mattresses, and down duvets. Wireless Internet access is available for a fee, and each room contains a laptop-compatible safe. Entertainment amenities include 48-inch flat-panel TVs. Ensuite marble bathrooms include designer toiletries, bathrobes, and slippers. All rooms include refrigerators, and in-room dining is available 24 hours a day.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 53000
- Conference space size (meters) - 4924
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Health club
- Indoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 8
- Number of meeting rooms - 23
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 556
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 1875
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 15.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 15.99 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 8.00 per hour ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 8 per hour )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Flat-panel TV
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Satellite TV service
- Shower/tub combination
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Garden Court - Majestic, atrium-style dining room with soaring stained-glass dome, lush greenery, and Austrian crystal chandeliers. Breakfast and lunch are served daily from Monday-Saturday, the City Brunch is served à la carte on Sundays, and a buffet brunch is provided on certain holidays. A relaxed and elegant tea time, the Signature Tea, is prepared every Saturday afternoon from 2 PM to 5 PM.
GC Lounge - Enjoy signature cocktails and small bites at this stylish contemporary lounge. Open evenings from Monday-Sunday from 5 PM to 10 PM, and for Tea Time on Sunday-Friday.
Pied Piper - Home of the Maxfield Parrish mural The Pied Piper of Hamelin, which was painted for the hotel's reopening in 1909. Polished dark woods and coffered ceiling bring to mind a San Francisco gentlemen's club of the early 1900s.
Nearby Things to Do
Located on the fourth floor, health offerings feature a skylit lap pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Relaxing chaise loungers and stone accents surround the pool, and the marble-clad changing rooms include spa showers and large mirrors.
Fitness equipment includes a selection of cardio machines, spin bikes, and weight racks.
The Palace is about 4.5 miles from the historic Presidio Golf Course, rejuvenated under the supervision of Arnold Palmer Golf Management.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per accommodation, per night
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 15.00 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
This property prohibits parties, group celebrations or gatherings in guestrooms and suites. Guests may host parties in a private function room or restaurant. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 18 and USD 150 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 8.00 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 8 per hour (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 16.00 per person (one way)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59.28-72.96 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection San Francisco
- Palace Luxury Collection
- Palace Luxury Collection San Francisco
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection Hotel San Francisco
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.