Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelDowntown Union Square hotel near shopping and historic attractions
Popular property highlights
The San Francisco Marriott Marquis is steps from Union Square shopping, Chinatown, cable cars, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Enjoy a top-floor cocktail lounge with panoramic views of San Francisco after working out in the onsite fitness center.
All 1,499 rooms offer city views, 300-thread-count bed linens, 32-inch LCD TVs with Plug In technology, high-speed Internet access, and granite-topped vanities.
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
The San Francisco Marriott Marquis is just south of Market Street, downtown's main thoroughfare. Yerba Buena Center for the Arts is across the street and the Moscone Convention Center is a block away. Union Square shopping, the historic cable cars, Chinatown, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern art are within a quarter-mile (0.4 kilometer) of the hotel.
The hotel's Chill Zone/Work Zone is decorated in warm wood tones with modern furnishings. A concierge desk in the lobby is staffed with certified "Clefs d'Or," members of the national organization of hotel lobby concierges. A FedEx Office located on the B2 Level offers convenient solutions for your business (surcharges apply). WiFi access is available in the lobby for a surcharge.
Dining and refreshment options include the Bin 55 Restaurant and Wine Bar for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The View Lounge for cocktails and light fare.
Guests have complimentary access to a fitness center, which offers cardio machines, and fitness equipment. Lockers are available at an additional charge.
This hotel is entirely smoke-free.
- Express check-in
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Grocery/convenience store
- Express check-out
- Electric car charging station
- Number of bathrooms - 1
- Meeting rooms 59
- Year Built 1989
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Steam room
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 133357
- Total number of rooms - 1,499
- Number of floors - 39
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Grocery/convenience store
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room safe
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The View Lounge - Located on the 39th floor of the hotel, this lounge features views of the San Francisco skyline through dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows. Open from late afternoon to late evening daily.
Bin 55 Restaurant and Wine Bar - Featuring a variety of California wines and craft beers; serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
No room service available.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests of the San Francisco Marriott Marquis have complimentary access to the 4th-floor fitness center, along with an outdoor sun patio. The large fitness center offers cardio equipment and free weights. Women's and men's locker rooms are accessible for a surcharge.
Across the street, the Rooftop at Yerba Buena Gardens includes an ice-skating rink, a bowling alley, a small playground, and a carousel. One mile (1.6 kilometers) away, the Embarcadero offers a bayside promenade popular for walking, biking, jogging, and in-line skating. A seasonal ice-skating rink is located at the Embarcadero Center.
The Presidio Golf Course, 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) from the hotel, is open to the public.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.0 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 32 for adults, USD 20 and USD 32 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 77.52 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per stay
- Marquis Marriott San Francisco
- Marquis San Francisco
- Marquis San Francisco Marriott
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Union Square Hotel
- Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco Marquis
- San Francisco Marquis
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Union Square
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.