Get an overview of this hotelCharming, historic Old World inn in San Francisco
Popular property highlights
Historic North Beach
Located in San Francisco’s North Beach neighborhood, San Remo Hotel is just 5 blocks from the steaming sourdough chowder bowls of Fisherman’s Wharf. Lombard Street and the ferry to Alcatraz Island are both within a half-mile, and guests need only walk 1 block to hop a cable car to Union Square.
Old World, New World
The Italianate building dates from the early 20th century, offering Old World charm in a bustling metropolis. Guests can dine on oysters and stuffed pasta at Fior d' Italia, reputed to be America's oldest Italian restaurant, or explore an array of ethnic eateries in the neighborhood.
Antique charm, free WiFi
Old-fashioned bed frames and dark wood cabinets complement modern perks like free WiFi in the compact and cozy guestrooms. True to San Remo’s roots, there are no telephones or TVs - except in the Penthouse suite, a rooftop retreat with soaring views of the San Francisco skyline. Bathrooms are shared.
- Good location
- Overall value of stay
- Helpful staff
- Nice bathrooms
- Guestrooms weren't very spacious
San Remo Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This Victorian hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and concierge services.
San Remo Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Total number of rooms - 64
- Number of floors - 2
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1906
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Shared bathroom
- Ceiling fan
- Daily housekeeping
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free WiFi
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Fior d'Italia - Specializing in Italian cuisine and serving lunch, dinner, and brunch. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Boat tours nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 20 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- 1 per room (up to 35 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
This hotel will place an authorization for security reasons for any bookings where payment for the stay will be made on site instead of at the time of booking. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Self parking fee: USD 19.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 20 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Hotel Remo
- Hotel San Remo
- Remo Hotel
- Remo San
- San Remo
- San Remo Hotel
- San Remo Hotel San Francisco
- San Remo San Francisco
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Alcohol is not served at this property.