Book your room at Serrano Hotel
Get an overview of this hotelSpanish-Moroccan style in downtown San Francisco
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
The Serrano Hotel is steps away from Union Square, perfectly positioned in the Theater District of San Francisco, 2 blocks from the Powell Street cable car.
The 17-story Spanish-Moroccan style Serrano dating from 1928 offers an evening wine reception, 24-hour business and fitness centers, and stylish Jasper's Corner Tap restaurant and bar.
Serrano's guestrooms, dressed in crimson and gold with Moroccan accents, have triple-sheeted beds, iPod-docking stations, high ceilings, window seats, and high-speed Internet access.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Serrano Hotel405 Taylor St San Francisco CA 94102
This hotel has a restaurant and bar, and also offers complimentary coffee/tea service in the mornings, as well as a weekday Town Car service to the Financial District. Take a short stroll to Union Square to enjoy world-class shops such as Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue. In Union Square, dine at some of the city’s best casual and upscale restaurants. Just a six-minute walk away, hop aboard one of San Francisco’s famous cable cars or experience the sophistication of the theater scene. When it’s time to return to home base, Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen is the ideal place for a drink and delicious bite to eat. A metro station is located nearby.
The Serrano has a 3,000 square feet meeting facilities and a 24-hour business center with two computer workstations. 24-hour fitness facilities and a steam room are also on site. Concierge services are available, and guests can borrow from a library of 50 board games and puzzles. Guests will also find an ATM banking service onsite and luggage storage.
This property is smoke-free.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation - pickup (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 3000
- Conference space size (meters) - 279
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 17
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- One meeting room
- Smoke-free property
- Steam room
- Total number of rooms - 236
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- WiFi (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 25 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 25 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free toiletries
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Flat-panel TV
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen - named for the man who largely built this beautiful city, Jasper's is open every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks. The bar features 18 beers on tap, a wide variety of fun cocktails, personable service, and delicious casual food. Jasper's is a proud recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour accessible fitness center is equipped with two exercise bikes, two treadmills, two cross-trainers, and a steam room. Guests can also borrow from a library of 50 games and puzzles.
Several public-play golf courses in San Francisco include the Presidio Golf Club (four miles), and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles). Complimentary bicycles are also available onsite.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 5 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is Noon
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50 per stay
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- Breakfast fee: USD 26 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 25 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 25 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 16 per person
- Valet parking fee: USD 54.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 50 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Hotel Serrano
- Serrano Hotel
- Serrano Hotel San Francisco
- Serrano San Francisco
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).