Get an overview of this hotelSan Francisco boutique hotel, Union Square locale
Popular property highlights
Cable car: 1 block
Offering a refined residential ambience, this boutique hotel is at the edge of San Francisco's Union Square, 1 block from the cable car, 4 blocks from the Theater District, and 6 blocks from Nob Hill.
Taj Campton Place's award-winning restaurant features local ingredients and seasonal menus. The fitness center overlooks Union Square.
Guestrooms at Taj Campton Place feature featherbeds, and down duvets and pillows. Bose CD players are bedside. Limestone-tiled bathrooms include Molton Brown toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Taj Campton Place
This downtown San Francisco hotel adjoins Union Square, with fashionable stores such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gump's, and Tiffany & Co. all within 3 blocks. A cable-car stop is a block away, and the theater district, financial district, and Nob Hill are within a half-mile.
The hotel's fitness center is on the 9th floor, overlooking Union Square and the surrounding neighborhood. Additional amenities include 24-hour room service, 4 large conference rooms (a total of 1,900 square feet / 176 square meters of meeting space), and event catering. The hotel welcomes pets for a surcharge. Taj Campton Place is a smoke-free property.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms 4
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 110
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 17
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Conference center
- Year Built 1981
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 1900
- Conference space size (meters) - 177
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired internet access ( USD 12.50 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.5 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
Taj Campton Place Restaurant - French-inspired contemporary fare with a focus on fresh local foods. Seasonal Californian cuisine menus, with Mediterranean and spice route inspirations. The restaurant has a 1500-bottle wine list selected by a master sommelier. Refined setting with colorful collages by local artist; suspended, sculpted glass lamp evoking a giant orchid; and cream, gold, and chocolate-brown tones. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch. Tasting menus. The Taj Campton Place Restaurant was honored with One Star in the Michelin Guide 2013.
Taj Campton Place Bar - Club-like room outfitted with deep-auburn madrona wood and caramel-colored leather. Traditional and specialty cocktails, fine wines by the glass. Cocktail and wine service to late night. Bistro menu from late morning till late evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Overlooking Union Square and the surrounding neighborhood, the ninth-floor fitness center offers cardio machines, weight equipment, a TV, and complimentary water, fruit, and towel service.
One of the best ways to get an invigorating workout is simply by exploring this hilly city on foot. Nob Hill, Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, and other neighborhoods offer steep sidewalks and stairways, intriguing historic buildings, and stellar views. The colorful, raucous birds made famous in the movie The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill can sometimes be seen—and heard—in the trees along the Filbert Steps and the Greenwich Steps on the eastern face of Telegraph Hill. Other top choices for walking and running include the Embarcadero, Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 2:00 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 12 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 35 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per pet, per stay
- 1 per room (up to 15 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 35 and USD 60 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.50 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.5 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 35 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per night
- Campton Place
- Campton Place Taj
- Taj Campton
- Taj Campton Place
- Taj Campton Place Hotel
- Taj Campton Place Hotel San Francisco
- Taj Campton Place San Francisco
- Hotel Campton Place
We should mention
One child 12 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- Taj Campton Place is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
USD 25 Breakfast Credit Offer
Book a stay in an "Extended Stay - USD 25 Breakfast Credit" rate plan and receive daily breakfast credit of USD 25 per room applicable at Campton Place Restaurant. Full details at check-in. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.