Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelStylish accommodations in San Francisco's SoMa district
Popular property highlights
In SoMa by SFMOMA
Located in the trendy South of Market district (SoMa), the downtown hotel is adjacent to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), across from the Moscone Center, and five blocks from Union Square.
Art Deco-style hotel with WiFi
Guests at this 31-story W Hotel can enjoy a business center, Trace restaurant, and a 24-hour fitness center. WiFi is available in public areas.
Best in bedding
W Hotel San Francisco's 404 guestrooms feature decor with Asian influences. Pillowtop mattresses are covered in Egyptian cotton linens, down comforters, and chenille blankets.
W San Francisco
Guests at the Art Deco-style W Hotel San Francisco can work out anytime at a 24-hour fitness center. The Hotel's Trace restaurant serves locally sourced and organic Californian cuisine. Guests can enjoy cocktails at the trendy Upstairs Bar & Lounge, located on the mezzanine level, overlooking the restaurant. WiFi is offered in public spaces. The business center has 6 computer workstations -including Macs and PCs - all with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). Other amenities include luggage storage, free newspapers, and a conference center.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 6
- Express check-out
- Year Built 1999
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 404
- Number of floors - 31
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period ), Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Pillowtop mattress
- MP3 docking station
- Number of bathrooms -
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Where to Eat
Living Room Bar - Socializing, redefined. Experience the redesigned Living Room Bar, a fusion of dynamic decor and creative energy that reflects the feel of downtown San Francisco's SoMa District. Hang out in an inviting and chic space infused with radiating colors and electric beats brought to you by a live DJ. Explore the visionary selection of eight locally praised beers and a range of international specialty brews on tap at our San Francisco bar. Sip an expertly crafted cocktail or a neat whiskey, and enjoy locally founded tastes from TRACE. Located on the first floor, Living Room San Francisco is open everyday from 11:30AM-1:30AM
Trace - Taste organic, fresh California style cooking at our restaurant, TRACE. Fusing the vibrant cultures of the Bay Area with a dedication to socially responsible food created from local grown and sustainable, TRACE San Francisco offers an eco-friendly dining experience. The TRACE team brings creative meal selections with seasonal local, organic cuisine. Our San Francisco restaurant offers an award-winning wine list with over 200 organic or biodynamic wines from around the world and the 100% organic coffee.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel offers a 24-hour fitness center with changing rooms and showers, free weights, and weight machines. Cardio equipment includes stair machines, exercise bikes, treadmills, and cross trainers, most of which come equipped with personal televisions.
The W hotel is located across the street from Yerba Buena Gardens, home to a children's playground, an ice-skating rink, and a bowling alley. The public-play Presidio Golf Course is located four miles from the hotel in Presidio State Park, and Lincoln Park Golf Course, which affords views of the Golden Gate Bridge, is five miles away. The Embarcadero waterfront walkway, one mile from the hotel, has a paved pathway for running, walking, and cycling.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per pet, per night, plus a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 40 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 63.84 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- San Francisco W Hotel
- W Hotel San Francisco
- W San Francisco
- w Hotels San Francisco
- w San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- W San Francisco Hotel
- Hotel W San Francisco
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).