Get an overview of this hotel3.5-star hotel with full-service spa and restaurant
Situated near the airport, this spa hotel is 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from Toucan Rescue Ranch and within 6 mi (10 km) of Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto and Alajuela Cathedral. Central Park and Iglesia La Agonía are also within 6 mi (10 km).
A full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool are available at this hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a spa tub are onsite.
All 51 rooms provide furnished lanais, coffee makers, and down comforters. Other amenities available to guests include free bottled water, showers, and free toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa
In addition to a full-service spa, Pura Vida Retreat & Spa features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
A business center is on site at this 3.5-star property. Event facilities measuring 4361 square feet (392 square meters) include a conference center. This Alajuela hotel also offers a fitness center, spa services, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle.
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa has designated areas for smoking.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 51
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Full-service spa
- Casino shuttle (surcharge)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Free parking nearby
- Conference space size (meters) - 392
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Year Built 1996
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 4361
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Outdoor pool
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Free parking nearby
- Furnished lanai
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Down comforter
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7:30 AM and 9 AM.
Cafe Poas - Overlooking the garden, this buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Rafting nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Ziplining nearby
Wellness Center has 8 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, Swedish massages, and Thai massages. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy, Ayurvedic, and hydrotherapy.
The spa is open select days.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Thai massage
- Number of treatment rooms 8
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Minimum check-in age is 15
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No pets or service animals allowed
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Resort fee
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 30 per person (roundtrip)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Pura Vida Retreat
- Pura Vida Spa
- Pura Vida Spa Yoga Retreat
- Pura Vida Spa Yoga Retreat Alajuela
- Pura Vida Spa Yoga Retreat Hotel
- Pura Vida Spa Yoga Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Pura Vida Yoga Retreat
- Pura Vida Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Pura Vida Retreat Hotel
- Pura Vida Retreat Alajuela
- Pura Vida Wellness Retreat Spa
- Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Pura Vida Spa And Yoga Retreat
- Pura Vida Retreat & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.