Find Kid-Friendly Hotels & Resorts in San Luis Obispo, CA from $63
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Jan 7, 2021
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 9, 2021
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 2, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 13, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 1, 2021
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 7, 2021
Reviewed on Dec 5, 2020
Family Friendly Hotels with Indoor Pools
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo333 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA
The price is $118 per night from Jan 18 to Jan 194.2/5Excellent! (986 reviews)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Paso Robles2455 Riverside Ave, Paso Robles, CA
The price is $113 per night from Jan 18 to Jan 194.5/5Wonderful! (914 reviews)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Santa Maria2061 Roemer Ct, Santa Maria, CA
The price is $86 per night from Jan 27 to Jan 284.2/5Very Good! (406 reviews)
- Hampton Inn and Suites San Luis Obispo1530 Calle Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, CA
The price is $118 per night from Jan 31 to Feb 14.3/5Excellent! (531 reviews)
Hotels with Babysitting Services in San Luis Obispo
Hotels with Connecting Rooms
- Radisson Hotel Santa Maria3455 Skyway Dr, Santa Maria, CA
The price is $84 per night from Jan 17 to Jan 184.4/5Excellent! (991 reviews)
- Ascot Suites260 Morro Bay Blvd, Morro Bay, CA
The price is $99 per night from Jan 18 to Jan 194.2/5Very Good! (979 reviews)
- 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites456 Embarcadero Blvd, Morro Bay, CA
The price is $99 per night from Jan 18 to Jan 194.6/5Wonderful! (987 reviews)
- Adelaide Inn1215 Ysabel Avenue, Paso Robles, CA
The price is $74 per night from Jan 21 to Jan 224.6/5Exceptional! (1,071 reviews)
Where Should We Stay in San Luis Obispo?
The destination of San Luis Obispo is a great choice if you've been thinking about a vacation with your kids. The biking trails, beaches, and art scene are just a few things that make this an attractive family vacation destination. Fly into San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), which is the closest airport, or Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), which is located 28.8 mi (46.4 km) from the city center. When you're thinking about where to stay in San Luis Obispo, you might want to consider one of the 188 kid-friendly hotels and other accommodations here.
Vacationing families have positive things to say about these accommodations:
Historic Santa Maria Inn - Offers an outdoor pool, a restaurant, and free parking. Guests like the central location and helpful staff at this 3.5-star hotel.
Cottage Inn By The Sea - Features an outdoor pool, free buffet breakfast, and laundry facilities. The overall comfort and clean rooms make this 3-star hotel popular with guests.
Madonna Inn - Offers an outdoor pool, 2 restaurants, and free parking. Guests like the central location and breakfast options at this 3.5-star hotel.
Masterpiece Hotel - Features an outdoor pool, a restaurant, and free parking. This hotel is rated 3 stars.
When Should We Visit San Luis Obispo?
You're probably hoping for good weather for your family trip. You can use this information to decide when to pack up the kids and head to San Luis Obispo.
- Hottest months: August, September, July, and June, with an average temperature of 77°F
- Coldest months: December, January, February, and November, with an average temperature of 44°F
- Driest months: May, October, April, and November, with an average rainfall of 1.19 inches
- Rainiest months: February, January, March, and December, with an average rainfall of 4.44 inches
What Should We See and Do in San Luis Obispo?
While you are visiting San Luis Obispo, you and the family might want to check out some interesting spots such as Estrella Warbirds Museum, Fremont Theater, and San Luis Obispo County Library. Make sure you have plenty of time to take in the area's activities like Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, Morro Bay State Park, and Morro Rock.San Luis Obispo is also known for the:
Getting Around San Luis Obispo
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from San Luis Obispo Station, Grover Beach Station, or Guadalupe Station. San Luis Obispo might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Frequently asked questions
What's San Luis Obispo like for family-friendly vacations?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to San Luis Obispo?
How many family-friendly hotels are there in San Luis Obispo?
What's the weather like in San Luis Obispo?
What's there to see and do with your family in San Luis Obispo?
Travelers Loved These Family Hotels
More trip options
- Top areas for Family Hotels
- Other Family Hotels in the nearby
- Other Hotels near San Luis Obispo, California
- More Accommodation Types in San Luis Obispo
- More Hotel Options in San Luis Obispo
- Hotels near other San Luis Obispo Attractions
- San Luis Obispo Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Expedia Latest Trends