Visiting San Miguel de Abona
Families will find kid-friendly activities in San Miguel de Abona, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, beaches, and pristine golf courses. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Los Cristianos Beach, Teide National Park, and Los Gigantes Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodations in San Miguel de Abona
- The closest major airport is in Tenerife (TFS-Tenerife South), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (TFN-Tenerife North), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Miguel de Abona
Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Golf del Sur Course and Amarilla Golf and Country Club are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are San Miguel Castle and Medieval Adventure at Castillo San Miguel.
In San Miguel de Abona, there are 108 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf - All Inclusive - This 5-star resort features 8 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Select Sunningdale - Our customers love the bar and overall value at this apartment. With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Sunset View Club by Diamond Resorts - This 3-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its dining options and central location.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Los Cristianos Beach, located 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city center, and Teide National Park, which is 11 mi (17.6 km) away.
Dressing for San Miguel de Abona
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 61°F
- San Miguel de Abona gets about 0.20 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 60°F