Visiting San Saba
Travelers to San Saba will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Messina Fountain of Neptune, Fountain of Orion, and Messina Bell Tower and Astronomical Clock.
- There are 293 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Reggio di Calabria (REG-Strait of Messina), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Saba
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Messina Fountain of Neptune, Fountain of Orion, and Messina Bell Tower and Astronomical Clock. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cathedral of Messina and Church of Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani.
As you make plans for a getaway to San Saba, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 75 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- La Casa a Mare is located in the heart of San Saba. This bed & breakfast in Messina features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Eolian Milazzo Hotel is located 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the heart of San Saba. This 4-star hotel in Milazzo features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Grand Hotel Excelsior is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from central San Saba. This 4-star hotel in Reggio di Calabria features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Popular places to see in the area include Museo Nazionale della Magna Grecia, located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city center, and Aragonese Castle, which is 14.4 mi/23.2 km away.
Dressing for San Saba
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for San Saba is 1.02 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F