Get an overview of this hotelHistoric, all-suite hotel in Cambria, near Hearst Castle
Popular property highlights
Central coast locale
Located in Cambria's East Village and near the scenic coastal route of Highway 1, this central California hotel is 2 miles from the Moonstone Beach and 8 miles from the Hearst Castle at San Simeon.
Small town charm
Built in 1860 and expanded in 1975, the Rigdon House features a wood-paneled library with antique leaded glass windows.
The 12 individually decorated and spacious guest suites at the Rigdon House offer premium bedding, marble bathrooms, and large windows with views of the hotel's gardens, Santa Rosa Creek, or Cambria's East Village.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Rigdon House
This smoke-free hotel is located in Cambria's East Village, 8 miles (12.9 kilometers) from the Hearst Castle. The wineries at Paso Robles are 25 miles (40.2 kilometers) away, and Big Sur is a 74-mile (119.1 kilometer) drive along the scenic coast on Highway 1.
The original part of the Rigdon House dates to 1860 and features a wood-paneled library with antique leaded glass windows. There are several restaurants less than a half-mile from the hotel. Parking is free.
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Total number of rooms - 14
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Number of floors - 2
- Year Built 1860
- Smoke-free property
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free self parking
- Free reception
- Free WiFi
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- DVD player
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Premium bedding
- Free local calls
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- DVD player
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Individually decorated
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Portable fan
- In-room massage available
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- Pillowtop mattress
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Individually furnished
Where to Eat
The Rigdon House does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding Cambria East Village area.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 9 PM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 40.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 10.00 per stay.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 40 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 40 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Resort fee
- Internet access
- In-room coffee
- 3 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Pet fee: USD 40 per pet, per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 10.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Burton Cambria
- Burton Inn
- Burton Inn Cambria
- The Burton Inn
- Rigdon House Hotel Cambria
- Rigdon House Hotel
- Rigdon House Cambria
- Rigdon House
- Burton Hotel Cambria
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.