Visiting Santa Ana
Travelers to Santa Ana give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its local tours, bars, and coffeehouses. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Costa Rican Art, National Theater, and Gold Museum.
- You'll find 399 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Ana
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Momentum Lindora Shopping Center and Terrazas Lindora Shopping Center. Additionally, you might want to add Valle del Sol to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Santa Ana. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Studio Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Hotel Villa Los Candiles - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Aloft San Jose Hotel, Costa Rica - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to the airport.
Popular places to see in the area include Museum of Costa Rican Art, 6.9 mi/11.1 km from the city center, and National Theater, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away.
Dressing for Santa Ana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Ana is 72.76 inches
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F