Visiting Santa Barbara de Heredia
Visitors to Santa Barbara de Heredia are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's soccer matches and volcano viewpoints. Top sights around the area include La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Museum of Costa Rican Art, and Spirogyra Butterfly Garden.
- You'll find 398 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 6.2 mi (10 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Barbara de Heredia
La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Museum of Costa Rican Art, and Spirogyra Butterfly Garden are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find National Theater and Gold Museum.
Here's a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include National Center of Art and Culture, 9.4 mi/15.1 km from the heart of the city, and Jade Museum, which is 9.5 mi (15.3 km) away.
Dressing for Santa Barbara de Heredia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Santa Barbara de Heredia each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F