Visiting Santa Clarita
Visitors can enjoy all that Santa Clarita has to offer including the theme park, mountain views, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants, cafés, and sporting events. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Palmdale, CA (PMD-Palmdale Regional), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palmdale, CA (WJF-General William J. Fox Airfield), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Clarita
A favorite place to visit in the city is Mountasia Family Fun Center. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Magic Mountain in the area.
As you plan your trip to Santa Clarita, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 256 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- 39702 Calle Cascarron Home 3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Home is located 7 mi (11.3 km) from the heart of Santa Clarita. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Universal City can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- Poolside /1 Bdrm W/fireplace &living Room Private Bath Private Entrance/ Views! is 5 mi (8 km) from central Santa Clarita. This 4-star hotel in North Hollywood features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City is 26.2 mi (42.2 km) from the center of Santa Clarita. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Studio City can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and quiet location.
Getting Around Santa Clarita
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Santa Clarita Station. Santa Clarita may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Santa Clarita
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Santa Clarita gets about 0.51 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 43°F