Visiting Santa Cruz Island
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Santa Cruz Island, which is also known for its local tours and beaches. Top sights in the city include Tortuga Bay Beach and Galapagos National Park.
- There are 106 hotels and other accommodations in Santa Cruz Island
- The closest major airport is in Isla Baltra (GPS-Seymour), 14.8 mi (23.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Cruz Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Tortuga Bay Beach, Galapagos National Park, and Dragon Hill. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Charles Darwin Research Station and El Garrapatero Beach.
In Santa Cruz Island, there are 106 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- Angermeyer Waterfront Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- MWC Galapagos - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Santa Cruz Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 92°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Cruz Island is 23.54 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 66°F