Lovely Inn, just don't use the fireplace!
Posted Dec 9, 2016
The Inn at Vanessie is a quaint, old hotel conveniently located in the historic district of Santa Fe. I've stayed at the Inn before and fully expected this 4 night stay to be as delightful as I remembered. Not to be. Apparently the fireplace flue was defective and, within 15 minutes of our lighting the artificial log (provided), our room filled with smoke. The night manager was very helpful, but nothing could be done until the log burned itself out. The Inn was fully booked and no other rooms were available. At 11pm, on the night we checked in, we relocated ourselves to The Hilton, as the room was uninhabitable. Further, we learned that the flue apparently "malfunctioned" before and service was scheduled. Had we just been informed, we never would have used the fireplace! Not a pleasant experience and we will not be returning to the Inn at Vanessie.
Comment from Hotel Management
Dec 11, 2016 by sjv, Hotel Management
We are so very sorry that you experienced the smoke out in your room. We have annual cleaning & inspections to all of our fireplaces and it is unfortunate that this happened during your visit. We do hope you will reconsider as we have so many lovely rooms.
The Staff at Vanessie