Visiting Santa Fe
Travelers to Santa Fe give high marks for the renowned art, cathedral, and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, opera houses, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Palace of the Governors, San Miguel Mission, and New Mexico State Capitol.
- There are 404 hotels and other accommodations in Santa Fe
- The closest major airport is in Santa Fe, NM (SAF-Santa Fe Municipal), 9.5 mi (15.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Alamos, NM (LAM-Los Alamos County), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Fe
Known for its art, museums, and opera, the city's cultural venues include Museum of International Folk Art, Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, and Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Palace of the Governors and San Miguel Mission. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Old Fort Marcy Park, Santa Fe River Park, and Randall Davey Audubon Center & Sanctuary.
In Santa Fe, there are 404 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Four Kachinas Bed & Breakfast Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Santa Fe features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Inn Of The Turquoise Bear - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Santa Fe features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Hacienda & Spa at Hotel Santa Fe - This 4.5-star hotel in Downtown Santa Fe features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Other top sights in Santa Fe include New Mexico State Capitol and Santa Fe Opera.
Getting Around Santa Fe
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Santa Fe Depot or Lamy Station. Santa Fe might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Santa Fe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 16°F at night
- About 0.63 inches of rain falls on Santa Fe each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 18°F