Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel in central, colonial Santo Domingo
Built in 1502 for the first governor of the Americas, this hotel combines Spanish colonial architecture with contemporary style and is located in central, colonial Santo Domingo.
Hostal Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo - MGallery Collection features a shaded, green interior courtyard in traditional Spanish style, an outdoor pool surrounded by palm trees, a poolside bar, a fitness center, and spa services.
Guestrooms at Hostal Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo - MGallery Collection are defined by a mixture of old-world colonial styling, and contemporary furnishings and decor. All include cable TV, minibars, and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hostal Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo - MGallery Collection
Hostal Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo - MGallery Collection provides a unique setting drawing on 500 years of history in Santo Domingo and the Dominican Republic. Located in the heart of the Colonial District, this property is within walking distance to restaurants, museums and cathedrals. The hotel features an outdoor pool surrounded by palm trees, a poolside bar, and colonial-style courtyards. The fitness center is equipped with cardiovascular and resistance machines. Spa services, including body scrubs and a range of massage treatments available in guest rooms, are also offered.
Air-conditioned public areas offer complimentary wireless Internet access and complimentary newspapers are provided in the lobby. Sightseeing advice is available at the concierge desk, while a multilingual staff is on hand at the 24-hour front desk to provide around-the-clock room service and exchange currency.
For a fee, the hotel offers a 24-hour airport shuttle, a cruise terminal shuttle, and a shopping center shuttle.
Other amenities include a library, porter services, laundry facilities, a meeting/conference room, and a 24-hour business center. Child care is available (surcharge). Complimentary, secure parking is on site, and a valet-parking service is also available.
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 104
- Number of floors - 4
- Year Built 1502
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Free valet parking
- Poolside bar
- Free self parking
- Conference space size (feet) - 517
- Conference space size (meters) - 48
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- 24-hour business center
- Television in common areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Free valet parking
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Access via exterior corridors
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Down comforter
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
- Plasma TV
Where to Eat
Restaurant La Residence - Serves international dishes and opens onto a Spanish colonial-style courtyard for outdoor dining.
Guitar music will be played for breakfast and dinner. Jazz performances on Thursday nights.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Body scrubs
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No pets or service animals allowed
All residents of Dominican Republic are required to exhibit a valid passport, driving license, and local ID at the time of check-in. Foreign guests will have to show a valid passport only.
- Resort fee
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 40 per vehicle (one way)
- Hostal Nicolas Ovando
- Hostal Nicolas Ovando Hotel
- Hostal Nicolas Ovando Hotel Santo Domingo MGallery Collection
- Hostal Nicolas Ovando Santo Domingo MGallery Collection
- Nicolas Ovando
- Hostal Nicolas Ovando Santo Domingo MGallery Collection Hotel
- Hostal Nicolas Ovando MGallery Collection Hotel
- Hostal Nicolas Ovando MGallery Collection
- Hostal Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo MGallery Collection
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Book a stay in a "City Experience" rate category for travel and receive the following:
- Welcome drink
- Carriage tour
- Visit to the Colonial City's museums with audio tour guide
- A special farewell gift
Book a stay in a "Gourmet Experience" rate category for travel and receive the following:
- Buffet breakfast
- Tasting of drinks and snacks in the Lobby Bar
- Dinner prepared by the hotel's French chef (appetizer, main course, and dessert)
- A special farewell gift