Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelDiscover this historic jewel of a hotel in Santo Domingo
Popular property highlights
Middle of the action
Located on Santo Domingo's grand waterfront boulevard, this entertainment-packed hotel is steps from shopping, nightlife, and dining; the Colonial Zone is less than 2 km (1 mi) away.
Gaming and shows
Daytime attractions at the Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino include the plush Ziu Spa at Jaragua and a resort-style sea-view pool. At night, the vast casino and splashy shows are sure to provide a fun time.
Satellite TV and high-speed Internet access
Guestrooms at this Renaissance hotel offer soothing decor, deluxe bedding, while also including satellite TV, minibars and refrigerators. Wireless or wired high-speed Internet access is available for a fee.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino
The Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino offers destination-resort facilities ranging from onsite entertainment spots to a health and fitness center.
The hotel's onsite 24-hour casino is the largest in Santo Domingo. Next to the casino, the hotel theater stages shows and revues several times a month.
The spa and fitness center feature men's and women's saunas, steam rooms, hot and cold spas, and plush "quiet rooms", and offers a range of massages and body treatments. You can also perfect your backhand at the tennis club.
Commercial travelers can take advantage of a full-service business center, which offers high-speed Internet access and translation services, and 13 meeting rooms onsite. Those planning events in the Dominican Republic will be pleased with this property's expansive venues, including the one-of-a-kind La Fiesta Theater.
Across the street from the hotel, guests can take a stroll along the breezy malécon, Santo Domingo's central, miles-long Caribbean waterfront, where waves crash romantically day and night.
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Conference space
- Year Built 1942
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 13
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- Total number of rooms - 300
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 10
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Tennis on site
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per day )
Free self parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Shower only
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Room service (limited hours)
- Plasma TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Luna Tapas Bar & Restaurant - This restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner featuring Tapas and desserts. Cocktails are also available.
Sol Pool Lounge & Restaurant - This pool-side option serves lunch and fruit drinks.
Bohio Coffee House - Enjoy a variety of coffee selections, snacks, and home-made gelato at this coffee house. Breakfast and lunch are also available.
Room service is available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
The full-service Jaragua Spa features men's and women's saunas, steam rooms, hot and cold spas, massages, facials, and other treatments.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 26.90 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 6 per day
- Hotel Jaragua
- Hotel Jaragua Renaissance
- Hotel Renaissance Jaragua
- Jaragua Hotel
- Jaragua Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Jaragua
- Renaissance Jaragua
- Renaissance Jaragua Hotel
- Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Casino
- Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino
- Renaissance Jaragua Hotel Santo Domingo
- Renaissance Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Renaissance
- Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel Casino
- Renaissance Jaragua Hotel Casino
- Renaissance Jaragua Casino
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.